Oct 28, 2013, 8:15 PM EST
It’s here! The NBA returns Tuesday night with a couple of marquee matchups — Chicago at Miami, then the Clippers down the hall at the Lakers. (Orlando opens up in Indiana as well, but that’s not exactly marquee worthy.)
Kay Adams and I talk about the big matchups on Monday night. I think the Bulls will be fired up after watching the Heat put a banner in the rafters, that game has a lot of potential. We talk about the Clippers covering up the Lakers banners (although Tuesday night is a Lakers home game so they will be on full display), then you can expect the Clippers to smack the Kobe-less Lakers around pretty good.
Then Kay puts me on the spot for my predictions for the coming season. People in Indiana are going to like this.
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 0
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 5
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 8
- Shane Battier on Carmelo Anthony: ‘Last two years I guarded him, he did exactly what the scouting report said he would’ 16