Oct 28, 2013, 8:15 PM EDT
It’s here! The NBA returns Tuesday night with a couple of marquee matchups — Chicago at Miami, then the Clippers down the hall at the Lakers. (Orlando opens up in Indiana as well, but that’s not exactly marquee worthy.)
Kay Adams and I talk about the big matchups on Monday night. I think the Bulls will be fired up after watching the Heat put a banner in the rafters, that game has a lot of potential. We talk about the Clippers covering up the Lakers banners (although Tuesday night is a Lakers home game so they will be on full display), then you can expect the Clippers to smack the Kobe-less Lakers around pretty good.
Then Kay puts me on the spot for my predictions for the coming season. People in Indiana are going to like this.
- Rumor: Kevin Love out minimum of two weeks, will likely miss most or all of series vs. Bulls 16
- Monta Ellis, J.J. Barea pairing ignites Mavericks offense, gets Dallas Game 4 win over Houston 3
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 17
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 55
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6