Oct 28, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
However he told David Aldridge, writing for NBA.com (you need to read the entire interview), that if he is up for it physically he will go to Brazil.
No, I’m not officially in, just yet. But hopefully, I can be healthy enough and on top of my game at that point where I’ll be taken.
I’m pretty sure Coach Krzyzewski would pick him. Just a hunch.
The core of Team USA is going to shift over the coming years, guys like Kobe Bryant will be stepping aside. But LeBron will be just 31 when the next Olympics comes up, still in his prime. He’s thinking at this point about legacy, and no basketball player has ever won three gold medals. That could be something that motivates him.
The interview with David Aldridge had some other interesting areas:
• With Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce moving on to Brooklyn, did his rivalry with the Celtics transfer as well? “No. Because with the Boston rivalry, not only were you playing against those guys, you were playing against their fans, too. And there are not too many fans that can compete with Boston. Probably the Palace of Auburn Hills when it was rocking, as far as animosity or hatred. Brooklyn doesn’t have that. Obviously, they have great fans, but Boston has that hatred. You kind of inherit not only going against those guys, but you inherit going against those fans as well.”
• Does he ever wonder how the Heat won Game 6 of the Finals? “All the time. I have no idea how we won that game. I think you, as a kid, your Little League coaches would always tell you, finish the game. Finish the game. It’s not over until it’s triple zero. Or, it’s not over until the (fat) lady sings. And when you preach that, and you practice that, you just continue to hone that. You just keep going. And we was able to do that.”
• On Allen Iverson as an inspiration: “To see that he’s retiring, man, it’s like wow. You still feel like he still should be in this league. He’s sixth all time in career points per game. Those last few years, you can almost throw them out the window. One thing that we can all say about AI, he gave it everything. He played hurt, he played injured, and he probably was, what, 5-11, a buck sixty at the most? And he gave it his whole heart, man. And I think everybody in Philly, and in the NBA knows what kind of impact he had — not only on the floor, but off the floor as well. A lot of guys wear arm sleeves and headbands because of Allen Iverson.”
Apr 18, 2014, 12:56 AM EDT
This is exactly what you’ve been waiting for — a dramatic reading of Space Jam including Blake Griffin and D’Andre Jordan.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:18 PM EDT
We may not see him on the sidelines of TNT games these playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 9:38 PM EDT
Center has $3.8 million player option
Apr 17, 2014, 8:34 PM EDT
All would make strong hires
Apr 17, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Adidas rolls the dice on a young guard with potential. Not a bad business plan.
Apr 17, 2014, 5:57 PM EDT
Both are likely first round picks in the teens or early 20s.
The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next
Apr 17, 2014, 4:53 PM EDT
What affect will Jefferson have on the development of Kemba Walker, Bismack Biyombo, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and Cody Zeller?
Apr 17, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Raptors fans are pumped for the playoffs.
Apr 17, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
Can you blame them?
Apr 17, 2014, 3:59 PM EDT
Ballots show a tight race
Apr 17, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
It really comes down to this: Does he trust Phil Jackson and Knicks management to build a winner quickly?
Apr 17, 2014, 2:40 PM EDT
You put your money where your heart is, and your heart clearly follows LeBron James and the Heat.
Apr 17, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Bucks didn’t win back-to-back games all season
Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season
Apr 17, 2014, 1:33 PM EDT
Kobe may be in France but he still had time to tweet Lakers fans and tell them things will be better next season.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:55 PM EDT
He is as high on some boards as No. 1, but likely goes No. 3. However no freshman near the top of this board will have a bigger immediate impact in the NBA — his offensive game is NBA ready.
Apr 17, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
This both has been expected and is mutual, according to the buzz around the league.
Apr 17, 2014, 11:20 AM EDT
Hill previously reported to be a candidate for a job
Apr 17, 2014, 10:44 AM EDT
Pistons forward: ‘I’ve censored myself’
Apr 17, 2014, 10:11 AM EDT
Get ready for an intense playoff series
Apr 17, 2014, 9:40 AM EDT
Irving talks as if he wants to stay in Cleveland
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 5
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 22
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 42
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 50