Oct 28, 2013, 3:10 PM EDT
However he told David Aldridge, writing for NBA.com (you need to read the entire interview), that if he is up for it physically he will go to Brazil.
No, I’m not officially in, just yet. But hopefully, I can be healthy enough and on top of my game at that point where I’ll be taken.
I’m pretty sure Coach Krzyzewski would pick him. Just a hunch.
The core of Team USA is going to shift over the coming years, guys like Kobe Bryant will be stepping aside. But LeBron will be just 31 when the next Olympics comes up, still in his prime. He’s thinking at this point about legacy, and no basketball player has ever won three gold medals. That could be something that motivates him.
The interview with David Aldridge had some other interesting areas:
• With Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce moving on to Brooklyn, did his rivalry with the Celtics transfer as well? “No. Because with the Boston rivalry, not only were you playing against those guys, you were playing against their fans, too. And there are not too many fans that can compete with Boston. Probably the Palace of Auburn Hills when it was rocking, as far as animosity or hatred. Brooklyn doesn’t have that. Obviously, they have great fans, but Boston has that hatred. You kind of inherit not only going against those guys, but you inherit going against those fans as well.”
• Does he ever wonder how the Heat won Game 6 of the Finals? “All the time. I have no idea how we won that game. I think you, as a kid, your Little League coaches would always tell you, finish the game. Finish the game. It’s not over until it’s triple zero. Or, it’s not over until the (fat) lady sings. And when you preach that, and you practice that, you just continue to hone that. You just keep going. And we was able to do that.”
• On Allen Iverson as an inspiration: “To see that he’s retiring, man, it’s like wow. You still feel like he still should be in this league. He’s sixth all time in career points per game. Those last few years, you can almost throw them out the window. One thing that we can all say about AI, he gave it everything. He played hurt, he played injured, and he probably was, what, 5-11, a buck sixty at the most? And he gave it his whole heart, man. And I think everybody in Philly, and in the NBA knows what kind of impact he had — not only on the floor, but off the floor as well. A lot of guys wear arm sleeves and headbands because of Allen Iverson.”
Apr 17, 2015, 11:30 PM EDT
The winner in 7 games will be …
Apr 17, 2015, 10:30 PM EDT
Cuban also says of Houston: “that’s not a very good team over there.”
Apr 17, 2015, 9:30 PM EDT
Can Brooklyn win a game?
Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year
Apr 17, 2015, 8:30 PM EDT
Hibbert has a player option for $15.5 million next season.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:30 PM EDT
Three PBT writers pick the Warrior to beat the Cavaliers in the Finals.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:45 PM EDT
Wesley Matthews. Arron Afflalo. Nicolas Batum. C.J. McCollum. Chris Kaman. Mike Conley. Tony Allen. All injured.
Apr 17, 2015, 6:00 PM EDT
Projection: 2016-17: $89 million; 2017-18: $108 million.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
I just think Doc Rivers the GM has tied the hands of Doc Rivers the coach too much — the Spurs versatility and depth gives Gregg Popovich more options.
Apr 17, 2015, 4:38 PM EDT
He is expected to make a full recovery.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:59 PM EDT
It’s great to see Anthony Davis on the playoff stage for the first time. Even if it doesn’t last long.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:15 PM EDT
Jazz, Bulls, Spurs, Celtics lose
Apr 17, 2015, 2:33 PM EDT
Cavaliers in 5
Apr 17, 2015, 1:48 PM EDT
Warriors in 6
Apr 17, 2015, 1:11 PM EDT
Four of five first-team spots are unanimous
Apr 17, 2015, 12:28 PM EDT
Portland’s health and Memphis’ size are a bad match.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:53 AM EDT
Wizards guard played for Donovan in college
Apr 17, 2015, 11:11 AM EDT
That may be true, but he’s still likely to stick in Portland
Apr 17, 2015, 10:35 AM EDT
The 3-1 edge goes to…
Apr 17, 2015, 9:50 AM EDT
The Bucks’ elite defense will have its work cut out for it with the Bulls’ much-improved offense.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:15 AM EDT
Rookie center missed season due to injury, challenged culture Philadelphia wanted to set
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 9
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks 15