Oct 27, 2013, 11:00 PM EST
It features James leading a pack of kids on bicycles all around the city of Miami — to the arena to get some shots up, to the beach, and to the playground for some pickup hoops.
From the official release:
The campaign depicts the daily training regime that helps make James a champion. It also highlights how James’s passion and joy can inspire spectators to transform into active participants whenever he is around. In the film, James rides a bike through the streets of Miami, swims in the ocean, trains in the arena, jogs through alleys and plays impromptu hoops on a street court. Along the way, people of all ages see James’s training activity and can’t help but join in.
Nike Basketball partnered with Wieden + Kennedy of Portland, Ore., to create the film, and worked with producer Mike WiLL Made-It for the track “My Shoes” and award-winning recording artist John Legend to score the spot.
The campaign also encourage participants around the world to join James on his journey, and demonstrate how and where they #striveforgreatness. For more info please visit www.nike.com/lebron.
James wears the “Miami Heat Away” colorway of his shoes in the gym by himself, and the “King’s Pride” version on the playground before giving them to his opponent.
We’re going to be seeing a lot of this ad in November, as Nike has plans to run it on several networks nationally. Good thing it appears as though it’ll more than hold up over multiple viewings.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 9
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 8
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29