Oct 27, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
Thomas Robinson was selected with fifth overall pick in the 2012 draft by the Sacramento Kings, yet he’s playing for his third NBA team entering just his second NBA season.
Why is that, you may ask?
The latest report out of Portland may shed some light on his situation.
Portland Police cited Portland Trailblazer Thomas Earl Robinson for driving his Porsche 107 miles per hour on Interstate 5 Friday morning, October 25.
An officer “observed a white 2013 Porsche Panamera traveling at a high rate of speed on the freeway,” said Sgt. Pete Simpson, Portland Police Bureau, in an email. “The officer’s LIDAR would clock the vehicle at 107 MPH in a 55 MPH zone.” …
Robinson was polite and cooperative during the encounter, Simpson said.
Robinson issued an apology Sunday via his Twitter account.
Apologies for that speeding ticket rip city gotta be more careful with watching the speed limit my first and last one tho for sure
— thomas robinson (@Trobinson0) October 27, 2013
Robinson’s basketball ability has rarely been called into question, and he’s looked good this preseason, especially during a 14-point, eight-rebound performance in Portland’s win over the Kings last weekend.
Speeding isn’t a federal crime, obviously, but driving over 100 miles per hour on a public highway is reckless any way you slice it. It would be easy to say that the Blazers should surround Robinson with people who can help steer him in the right direction moving forward, but at some point the 22-year old needs to begin to make the correct decisions himself.
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 2
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 5
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 8
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6