Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 AM EST
J.R. Smith was in midseason form on Friday, both in terms of his shooting ability as well as his performance in celebrating his accomplishments.
Smith pulled up from just inside of halfcourt at the third quarter buzzer, and launched a three-pointer that looked good from the moment he let it go. And yes, the celebration was priceless.
Smith finished with 11 points in 13 minutes off the bench, which is a good sign for his health coming off of knee surgery this summer. He won’t be able to play in any of his team’s first five games due to a suspension for violating the league’s drug policy, but it looks like when he does return that he’ll be back at full strength.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 0
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 5
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8