Oct 26, 2013, 9:30 AM EDT
J.R. Smith was in midseason form on Friday, both in terms of his shooting ability as well as his performance in celebrating his accomplishments.
Smith pulled up from just inside of halfcourt at the third quarter buzzer, and launched a three-pointer that looked good from the moment he let it go. And yes, the celebration was priceless.
Smith finished with 11 points in 13 minutes off the bench, which is a good sign for his health coming off of knee surgery this summer. He won’t be able to play in any of his team’s first five games due to a suspension for violating the league’s drug policy, but it looks like when he does return that he’ll be back at full strength.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 44
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59