Oct 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The first quarter of the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday was far more eventful than the team would have liked.
Later in the period (as seen in the video clip above), Dwight Howard and Marc Gasol exchanged shoves after Gasol threw Patrick Beverley to the ground following a well-played but obviously irritating defensive sequence.
Both players were assessed technical fouls, although this semi-altercation was clearly started by Gasol’s non-basketball action.
If you were wondering how Howard is liking his new situation in Houston, the fact that he didn’t think twice about sticking up for his smaller teammate here is certainly a positive sign. Had something similar gone down last season in Los Angeles, Howard would likely have turned to his fallen teammate on the floor with arms incredulously extended, wondering why he wasn’t in the proper defensive position.
[via For The Win]
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 3
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 9
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 17
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 27
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 90