Oct 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
The first quarter of the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday was far more eventful than the team would have liked.
Later in the period (as seen in the video clip above), Dwight Howard and Marc Gasol exchanged shoves after Gasol threw Patrick Beverley to the ground following a well-played but obviously irritating defensive sequence.
Both players were assessed technical fouls, although this semi-altercation was clearly started by Gasol’s non-basketball action.
If you were wondering how Howard is liking his new situation in Houston, the fact that he didn’t think twice about sticking up for his smaller teammate here is certainly a positive sign. Had something similar gone down last season in Los Angeles, Howard would likely have turned to his fallen teammate on the floor with arms incredulously extended, wondering why he wasn’t in the proper defensive position.
[via For The Win]
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 19
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8