Oct 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The first quarter of the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday was far more eventful than the team would have liked.
Later in the period (as seen in the video clip above), Dwight Howard and Marc Gasol exchanged shoves after Gasol threw Patrick Beverley to the ground following a well-played but obviously irritating defensive sequence.
Both players were assessed technical fouls, although this semi-altercation was clearly started by Gasol’s non-basketball action.
If you were wondering how Howard is liking his new situation in Houston, the fact that he didn’t think twice about sticking up for his smaller teammate here is certainly a positive sign. Had something similar gone down last season in Los Angeles, Howard would likely have turned to his fallen teammate on the floor with arms incredulously extended, wondering why he wasn’t in the proper defensive position.
[via For The Win]
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 11
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 38
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 22
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 100
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27