Oct 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The first quarter of the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday was far more eventful than the team would have liked.
Later in the period (as seen in the video clip above), Dwight Howard and Marc Gasol exchanged shoves after Gasol threw Patrick Beverley to the ground following a well-played but obviously irritating defensive sequence.
Both players were assessed technical fouls, although this semi-altercation was clearly started by Gasol’s non-basketball action.
If you were wondering how Howard is liking his new situation in Houston, the fact that he didn’t think twice about sticking up for his smaller teammate here is certainly a positive sign. Had something similar gone down last season in Los Angeles, Howard would likely have turned to his fallen teammate on the floor with arms incredulously extended, wondering why he wasn’t in the proper defensive position.
[via For The Win]
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 0
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 13
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 19
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 9
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19