Oct 26, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
The first quarter of the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday was far more eventful than the team would have liked.
Later in the period (as seen in the video clip above), Dwight Howard and Marc Gasol exchanged shoves after Gasol threw Patrick Beverley to the ground following a well-played but obviously irritating defensive sequence.
Both players were assessed technical fouls, although this semi-altercation was clearly started by Gasol’s non-basketball action.
If you were wondering how Howard is liking his new situation in Houston, the fact that he didn’t think twice about sticking up for his smaller teammate here is certainly a positive sign. Had something similar gone down last season in Los Angeles, Howard would likely have turned to his fallen teammate on the floor with arms incredulously extended, wondering why he wasn’t in the proper defensive position.
[via For The Win]
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 0
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 34
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 4
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 6
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 27