Oct 26, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
It wasn’t that long ago that Deron Williams was considered as questionable for the Nets’ season opener, but after seeing him get his first action of the preseason on Friday, it would now be a surprise if he wasn’t in the starting lineup when Brooklyn visits Cleveland to begin the regular season on Wednesday.
Williams played just 10 minutes, but looked quick, agile, and confident in looking for his shot. He was able to finish 4-of-5 from the field for 11 points in that short time, including knocking down three three-pointers in a span of 67 seconds.
[via The Brooklyn Game]
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 7
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 10
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 43
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 30
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11