Oct 25, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
I will work hard to avoid the easy Halloween/pumpkin jokes here…
What you see to the right is Carmelo Anthony modeling the Knicks new alternate orange jerseys, which they unveiled on Friday. Orange with blue and white has long been part of the Knicks color scheme, but this takes the orange up to a new level. Turns it up to 11, really.
At least it doesn’t have sleeves.
Over at the Knicks Web site you watch a video about the orange jerseys, plus of course you can purchase them at NYKnicksstore.com, because what’s the purpose of an alternate jersey if not to sell more jerseys?
This comes out one day after the Spurs unveiled a new camo, military-inspired uniform.
So, which one of these alternates would you buy:
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie, who would totally wear an orange/camo combo uniform.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 9
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15