Oct 25, 2013, 3:15 PM EDT
I will work hard to avoid the easy Halloween/pumpkin jokes here…
What you see to the right is Carmelo Anthony modeling the Knicks new alternate orange jerseys, which they unveiled on Friday. Orange with blue and white has long been part of the Knicks color scheme, but this takes the orange up to a new level. Turns it up to 11, really.
At least it doesn’t have sleeves.
Over at the Knicks Web site you watch a video about the orange jerseys, plus of course you can purchase them at NYKnicksstore.com, because what’s the purpose of an alternate jersey if not to sell more jerseys?
This comes out one day after the Spurs unveiled a new camo, military-inspired uniform.
So, which one of these alternates would you buy:
Hat tip to Dan Devine at Ball Don’t Lie, who would totally wear an orange/camo combo uniform.
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 6
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 17
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 25
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29