Oct 25, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
The Rockets took on the Spurs Thursday night, and aside the fact the game was shown on TNT it mattered as much as every other preseason game.
Still, James Harden put on a show. There was the no-look fast break pass to Chandler Parsons, then there was the unstoppable step-back jumper (hey, Marco Belenelli is a Spur, he played good defense on that one, it just didn’t matter).
The beard is back — he finished with 22 points on 16 shots, plus he had 11 assists. The Rockets won the game 109-92. But it was the preseason, so really the best highlight of the night was Gregg Popovich getting in shots at Craig Sager’s suit.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 0
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 5
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 2
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 12
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 13
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (48)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (37)