Oct 25, 2013, 11:03 AM EST
The Rockets took on the Spurs Thursday night, and aside the fact the game was shown on TNT it mattered as much as every other preseason game.
Still, James Harden put on a show. There was the no-look fast break pass to Chandler Parsons, then there was the unstoppable step-back jumper (hey, Marco Belenelli is a Spur, he played good defense on that one, it just didn’t matter).
The beard is back — he finished with 22 points on 16 shots, plus he had 11 assists. The Rockets won the game 109-92. But it was the preseason, so really the best highlight of the night was Gregg Popovich getting in shots at Craig Sager’s suit.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 10
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 8
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8