Oct 25, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
James Harden left the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday after suffering a bruised right knee just seven minutes in.
The play, as seen in the video clip above, occurred when Quincy Ponder fouled Harden on a three-point attempt. The rest of the details, from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Harden stayed down on the court before limping to the line. After Harden’s free throw, Patrick Beverley intentionally fouled to stop the clock, allowing Harden to walk very slowly to the locker room.
Harden began electronic stim treatment almost immediately.
This being the preseason, it’s likely that Harden was held out of the rest of the game simply as a precaution. He’s been the Rockets’ leading scorer at 20.8 points in 27 minutes per game this preseason, and is obviously a critical piece to his team’s chances for success when the games begin to count in the standings next week.
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 0
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 5
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 2
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 21
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33