Oct 25, 2013, 10:24 PM EST
James Harden left the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday after suffering a bruised right knee just seven minutes in.
The play, as seen in the video clip above, occurred when Quincy Ponder fouled Harden on a three-point attempt. The rest of the details, from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Harden stayed down on the court before limping to the line. After Harden’s free throw, Patrick Beverley intentionally fouled to stop the clock, allowing Harden to walk very slowly to the locker room.
Harden began electronic stim treatment almost immediately.
This being the preseason, it’s likely that Harden was held out of the rest of the game simply as a precaution. He’s been the Rockets’ leading scorer at 20.8 points in 27 minutes per game this preseason, and is obviously a critical piece to his team’s chances for success when the games begin to count in the standings next week.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 18
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13