Oct 25, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
James Harden left the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday after suffering a bruised right knee just seven minutes in.
The play, as seen in the video clip above, occurred when Quincy Ponder fouled Harden on a three-point attempt. The rest of the details, from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Harden stayed down on the court before limping to the line. After Harden’s free throw, Patrick Beverley intentionally fouled to stop the clock, allowing Harden to walk very slowly to the locker room.
Harden began electronic stim treatment almost immediately.
This being the preseason, it’s likely that Harden was held out of the rest of the game simply as a precaution. He’s been the Rockets’ leading scorer at 20.8 points in 27 minutes per game this preseason, and is obviously a critical piece to his team’s chances for success when the games begin to count in the standings next week.
- Report: Kings probing John Calipari about his interest in coaching and running the team’s front office 9
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 18
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 29
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 31
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 42
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24