Oct 25, 2013, 10:24 PM EDT
James Harden left the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday after suffering a bruised right knee just seven minutes in.
The play, as seen in the video clip above, occurred when Quincy Ponder fouled Harden on a three-point attempt. The rest of the details, from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Harden stayed down on the court before limping to the line. After Harden’s free throw, Patrick Beverley intentionally fouled to stop the clock, allowing Harden to walk very slowly to the locker room.
Harden began electronic stim treatment almost immediately.
This being the preseason, it’s likely that Harden was held out of the rest of the game simply as a precaution. He’s been the Rockets’ leading scorer at 20.8 points in 27 minutes per game this preseason, and is obviously a critical piece to his team’s chances for success when the games begin to count in the standings next week.
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 2
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 11
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 31
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29