Oct 25, 2013, 10:24 PM EST
James Harden left the Rockets’ preseason finale against the Grizzlies on Friday after suffering a bruised right knee just seven minutes in.
The play, as seen in the video clip above, occurred when Quincy Ponder fouled Harden on a three-point attempt. The rest of the details, from Jonathan Feigen of the Houston Chronicle:
Harden stayed down on the court before limping to the line. After Harden’s free throw, Patrick Beverley intentionally fouled to stop the clock, allowing Harden to walk very slowly to the locker room.
Harden began electronic stim treatment almost immediately.
This being the preseason, it’s likely that Harden was held out of the rest of the game simply as a precaution. He’s been the Rockets’ leading scorer at 20.8 points in 27 minutes per game this preseason, and is obviously a critical piece to his team’s chances for success when the games begin to count in the standings next week.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8