Oct 25, 2013, 1:06 PM EST
It may be the preseason but Gregg Popovich was in midseason form.
The Spurs lost to the Rockets Thursday night in a game broadcast on TNT — and in nationally televised games coaches have to do in-game interviews. Even in the preseason. To the dismay and amusement of Popovich (he’s not really mad here, he’s joking around).
That is vintage stuff. NBA TV should just start a weekly half-hour show that is video of Popovich interviews from the week. I would tune in.
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 0
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 5
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 1
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 17
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 13
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 29