Oct 25, 2013, 1:06 PM EDT
It may be the preseason but Gregg Popovich was in midseason form.
The Spurs lost to the Rockets Thursday night in a game broadcast on TNT — and in nationally televised games coaches have to do in-game interviews. Even in the preseason. To the dismay and amusement of Popovich (he’s not really mad here, he’s joking around).
That is vintage stuff. NBA TV should just start a weekly half-hour show that is video of Popovich interviews from the week. I would tune in.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3