Oct 24, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
It certainly didn’t look intentional, but an elbow to the face is an elbow to the face – and you get a suspension for that.
With 6:42 remaining in the third quarter, Oklahoma City’s Reggie Jackson was taking a free throw and Morris was in the first rebounding position, with the job of boxing out Ibaka. As they both pushed for rebounding position Morris’ elbow got up and cleanly caught Ibaka in the face. (You can see the video by following this link.) Not intentional, but still a foul to the head, which the league frowns on.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
The Suns open the season at home Oct. 30 against Portland.
Morris is the starting power forward and the guy getting the bulk of the minutes. Channing Frye will get the start but he’s not healthy enough to take on all those minutes, so look for some interesting lineups and some Miles Plumlee.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 0
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 2
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8