Oct 24, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
It certainly didn’t look intentional, but an elbow to the face is an elbow to the face – and you get a suspension for that.
With 6:42 remaining in the third quarter, Oklahoma City’s Reggie Jackson was taking a free throw and Morris was in the first rebounding position, with the job of boxing out Ibaka. As they both pushed for rebounding position Morris’ elbow got up and cleanly caught Ibaka in the face. (You can see the video by following this link.) Not intentional, but still a foul to the head, which the league frowns on.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
The Suns open the season at home Oct. 30 against Portland.
Morris is the starting power forward and the guy getting the bulk of the minutes. Channing Frye will get the start but he’s not healthy enough to take on all those minutes, so look for some interesting lineups and some Miles Plumlee.
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 13
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 6
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 11
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (46)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)