Oct 24, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
It certainly didn’t look intentional, but an elbow to the face is an elbow to the face – and you get a suspension for that.
With 6:42 remaining in the third quarter, Oklahoma City’s Reggie Jackson was taking a free throw and Morris was in the first rebounding position, with the job of boxing out Ibaka. As they both pushed for rebounding position Morris’ elbow got up and cleanly caught Ibaka in the face. (You can see the video by following this link.) Not intentional, but still a foul to the head, which the league frowns on.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
The Suns open the season at home Oct. 30 against Portland.
Morris is the starting power forward and the guy getting the bulk of the minutes. Channing Frye will get the start but he’s not healthy enough to take on all those minutes, so look for some interesting lineups and some Miles Plumlee.
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 4
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 14
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 24
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15
- PBT Extra: No DeMarre Carroll leaves Hawks in tough spot 3
- PBT Extra: J.R. makes case for hot hand theory, is loved in Cleveland 7
- PBT Extra: Draft Lottery winners start with Lakers 24