Oct 24, 2013, 5:30 PM EST
It certainly didn’t look intentional, but an elbow to the face is an elbow to the face – and you get a suspension for that.
With 6:42 remaining in the third quarter, Oklahoma City’s Reggie Jackson was taking a free throw and Morris was in the first rebounding position, with the job of boxing out Ibaka. As they both pushed for rebounding position Morris’ elbow got up and cleanly caught Ibaka in the face. (You can see the video by following this link.) Not intentional, but still a foul to the head, which the league frowns on.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
The Suns open the season at home Oct. 30 against Portland.
Morris is the starting power forward and the guy getting the bulk of the minutes. Channing Frye will get the start but he’s not healthy enough to take on all those minutes, so look for some interesting lineups and some Miles Plumlee.
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 3
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 7
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 21
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 44
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10
- Report: Magic close to firing Jacque Vaughn 17