Oct 24, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
With Trey Burke out for a while the Utah Jazz have been looking around for a veteran guard they can keep around until their (hopefully) star rookie returns.
Looks like they may go a comfortable route for them — Jamaal Tinsley. Look for an announcement from the Jazz that they have signed him in the next 24 hours, Marc Stein of ESPN says the deal is almost done (another report said it’s done, no confirmation of that yet but it will be soon).
Tinsley, 35, played in 66 games and started 32 for the Jazz last season. I wouldn’t exactly call it productive time 3.5 points and 4.4 assists per game. He has always had a fantastic court vision and passing skill (nearly 3-1 assists to turnover ratio) but he over dribbles at times, plus he shot 36.8 percent overall and 30.7 percent from three.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
If a team brought in Tinsley as a third, veteran PG off the bench you could see that pickup (maybe) but the fact the Jazz are going to end up giving him big minutes speaks to how much that team is going to struggle this season.
- Kevin Love pulling out of USA Basketball due to lingering likelihood of trade from Timberwolves 0
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 3
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 3
- Report: Knicks made (ridiculous) offer to trade for Kevin Love 48
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 26
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 41
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 32
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 16