Oct 24, 2013, 10:41 AM EDT
With Trey Burke out for a while the Utah Jazz have been looking around for a veteran guard they can keep around until their (hopefully) star rookie returns.
Looks like they may go a comfortable route for them — Jamaal Tinsley. Look for an announcement from the Jazz that they have signed him in the next 24 hours, Marc Stein of ESPN says the deal is almost done (another report said it’s done, no confirmation of that yet but it will be soon).
Tinsley, 35, played in 66 games and started 32 for the Jazz last season. I wouldn’t exactly call it productive time 3.5 points and 4.4 assists per game. He has always had a fantastic court vision and passing skill (nearly 3-1 assists to turnover ratio) but he over dribbles at times, plus he shot 36.8 percent overall and 30.7 percent from three.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
If a team brought in Tinsley as a third, veteran PG off the bench you could see that pickup (maybe) but the fact the Jazz are going to end up giving him big minutes speaks to how much that team is going to struggle this season.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13