Oct 24, 2013, 10:41 AM EST
With Trey Burke out for a while the Utah Jazz have been looking around for a veteran guard they can keep around until their (hopefully) star rookie returns.
Looks like they may go a comfortable route for them — Jamaal Tinsley. Look for an announcement from the Jazz that they have signed him in the next 24 hours, Marc Stein of ESPN says the deal is almost done (another report said it’s done, no confirmation of that yet but it will be soon).
Tinsley, 35, played in 66 games and started 32 for the Jazz last season. I wouldn’t exactly call it productive time 3.5 points and 4.4 assists per game. He has always had a fantastic court vision and passing skill (nearly 3-1 assists to turnover ratio) but he over dribbles at times, plus he shot 36.8 percent overall and 30.7 percent from three.
Announcement: Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $15,000 Fantasy Basketball league on October, 30th. It’s $10 to join and first prize is $2,000. Starts October 30th at 7pm ET. Here’s the link.
If a team brought in Tinsley as a third, veteran PG off the bench you could see that pickup (maybe) but the fact the Jazz are going to end up giving him big minutes speaks to how much that team is going to struggle this season.
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 5
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 8
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9
- Report: Rondo “open” to re-signing in Dallas, Houston if traded there 20
- PBT’s Wednesday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You will not question if Memphis is legit again 18
- Grizzlies top Spurs in triple overtime. Best game of the season. So far. 5
- Report: Mavericks and Celtics in ‘substantive discussion’ about Rajon Rondo trade 24
- Report: Celtics now more willing to trade Rajon Rondo 13