Oct 23, 2013, 3:09 PM EST
On this week’s Open Court show on NBA TV — when Charles Barkley, Steve Kerr, Kenny Smith and this week Tracy McGrady and Dominique Wilkins and talk hoops — Ernie Johnson decided to ask about pregame meals. Younger players tend to eat whatever, but as players get older they tend to eat healthier and have more of a routine on game day. The stories were not that thrilling.
Then Kerr told one about Toni Kukoc.
The legendary Bulls European player from the Jordan era ate like no other before a game. Best pregame meal story ever.
- Monday night NBA Grades: DeMarcus Cousins was in beast mode 0
- PBT Extra: Kobe Bryant is back, doesn’t have much time to get it right 3
- It’s official, Clippers agree to terms with Stephen Jackson 3
- PBT NBA Power Rankings: At the quarter pole Portland takes the lead 17
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)