Oct 23, 2013, 1:41 PM EDT
Chicago has to find a way to get Joakim Noah healthy and keep him that way if they are serious about contending in the East this season. That has not started out on a great as he has battled a groin issue that has limited him all through training camp and will keep him out of the rest of the Bulls preseason games (and maybe even opening night against the Heat).
Noah not only has to get healthy again, he has to get back in game shape. He may not be able to do that by when the Bulls tip-off the season next Tuesday night.
Don’t take my word for it, here are quotes from Thibodeau and Noah, via K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune.
Asked specifically about the conditioning of Noah, who has played just 19 minutes, 45 seconds all camp due to a sore groin, Thibodeau said, “it’s not very good.” This would place Noah’s availability for the Oct. 29 regular-season opener in Miami in jeopardy….
“It’s possible,” Noah said. “But I’m not there yet. In my mind, I’m playing. I want to be out there as soon as I can. We’ll see when that is.”
Not good. But it is better to have him sit out against the Heat in October than to have this thing linger. What matters is April, May and their dreams of playing into June.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70