Oct 23, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
The Celtics have 17 NBA championships. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 31 50-win seasons. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 33 Hall of Famers. The Raptors have none.
But the tide is turning. Toronto is 5-1 in the preseason with two wins over Boston, which is 1-6 in the preseason.
And the Raptors are apparently going to spike the ball on that.
A fan wore a Celtics jersey to an event for Raptors season-ticket holders, and Raptors CEO Tim Leiweke called him out from on stage (hat tip: Ben Rohrbach of WEEI).
“Where’s that guy with the Celtics jersey?” Leiweke said. “How’s that preseason going for you?”
The emcees for the event noticed the fan first, before Leiweke was on stage. So, he had time to think of a dig, and that’s best he could do?
Even more perplexing, the crowd roared in approval at that awful, awful one-liner. Do they not have humor in Canada, eh?
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 7
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 28
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 52
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 85
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13