Oct 23, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
The Celtics have 17 NBA championships. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 31 50-win seasons. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 33 Hall of Famers. The Raptors have none.
But the tide is turning. Toronto is 5-1 in the preseason with two wins over Boston, which is 1-6 in the preseason.
And the Raptors are apparently going to spike the ball on that.
A fan wore a Celtics jersey to an event for Raptors season-ticket holders, and Raptors CEO Tim Leiweke called him out from on stage (hat tip: Ben Rohrbach of WEEI).
“Where’s that guy with the Celtics jersey?” Leiweke said. “How’s that preseason going for you?”
The emcees for the event noticed the fan first, before Leiweke was on stage. So, he had time to think of a dig, and that’s best he could do?
Even more perplexing, the crowd roared in approval at that awful, awful one-liner. Do they not have humor in Canada, eh?
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 30
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 19
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14