Oct 23, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
The Celtics have 17 NBA championships. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 31 50-win seasons. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 33 Hall of Famers. The Raptors have none.
But the tide is turning. Toronto is 5-1 in the preseason with two wins over Boston, which is 1-6 in the preseason.
And the Raptors are apparently going to spike the ball on that.
A fan wore a Celtics jersey to an event for Raptors season-ticket holders, and Raptors CEO Tim Leiweke called him out from on stage (hat tip: Ben Rohrbach of WEEI).
“Where’s that guy with the Celtics jersey?” Leiweke said. “How’s that preseason going for you?”
The emcees for the event noticed the fan first, before Leiweke was on stage. So, he had time to think of a dig, and that’s best he could do?
Even more perplexing, the crowd roared in approval at that awful, awful one-liner. Do they not have humor in Canada, eh?
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48