Oct 23, 2013, 12:20 PM EDT
The Celtics have 17 NBA championships. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 31 50-win seasons. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 33 Hall of Famers. The Raptors have none.
But the tide is turning. Toronto is 5-1 in the preseason with two wins over Boston, which is 1-6 in the preseason.
And the Raptors are apparently going to spike the ball on that.
A fan wore a Celtics jersey to an event for Raptors season-ticket holders, and Raptors CEO Tim Leiweke called him out from on stage (hat tip: Ben Rohrbach of WEEI).
“Where’s that guy with the Celtics jersey?” Leiweke said. “How’s that preseason going for you?”
The emcees for the event noticed the fan first, before Leiweke was on stage. So, he had time to think of a dig, and that’s best he could do?
Even more perplexing, the crowd roared in approval at that awful, awful one-liner. Do they not have humor in Canada, eh?
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 0
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8
- Wednesday NBA grades: Brooklyn is all about The Truth 9
- Truth too much for Heat, Brooklyn knocks off Miami 26