Oct 23, 2013, 12:20 PM EST
The Celtics have 17 NBA championships. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 31 50-win seasons. The Raptors have none.
The Celtics have 33 Hall of Famers. The Raptors have none.
But the tide is turning. Toronto is 5-1 in the preseason with two wins over Boston, which is 1-6 in the preseason.
And the Raptors are apparently going to spike the ball on that.
A fan wore a Celtics jersey to an event for Raptors season-ticket holders, and Raptors CEO Tim Leiweke called him out from on stage (hat tip: Ben Rohrbach of WEEI).
“Where’s that guy with the Celtics jersey?” Leiweke said. “How’s that preseason going for you?”
The emcees for the event noticed the fan first, before Leiweke was on stage. So, he had time to think of a dig, and that’s best he could do?
Even more perplexing, the crowd roared in approval at that awful, awful one-liner. Do they not have humor in Canada, eh?
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 0
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 0
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 18
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)