Oct 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year the Southwest Division sent a team to the NBA Finals — San Antonio had shifted over the years from a defensive to offensive team, got a renaissance season out of Tim Duncan and a breakout season from Kawhi Leonard. Kay Adams and I talk about if the Spurs can make a repeat trip to the Finals in this PBT Extra.
We also discuss if the Grizzlies can duplicate last season’s success? If the Rockets can be contenders this year? If the Pelicans, with their interesting offseason, can move into the playoff picture in the West? And if the Monta Ellis/Dirk Nowitzki combo can work in Dallas?
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10