Oct 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year the Southwest Division sent a team to the NBA Finals — San Antonio had shifted over the years from a defensive to offensive team, got a renaissance season out of Tim Duncan and a breakout season from Kawhi Leonard. Kay Adams and I talk about if the Spurs can make a repeat trip to the Finals in this PBT Extra.
We also discuss if the Grizzlies can duplicate last season’s success? If the Rockets can be contenders this year? If the Pelicans, with their interesting offseason, can move into the playoff picture in the West? And if the Monta Ellis/Dirk Nowitzki combo can work in Dallas?
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37