Oct 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year the Southwest Division sent a team to the NBA Finals — San Antonio had shifted over the years from a defensive to offensive team, got a renaissance season out of Tim Duncan and a breakout season from Kawhi Leonard. Kay Adams and I talk about if the Spurs can make a repeat trip to the Finals in this PBT Extra.
We also discuss if the Grizzlies can duplicate last season’s success? If the Rockets can be contenders this year? If the Pelicans, with their interesting offseason, can move into the playoff picture in the West? And if the Monta Ellis/Dirk Nowitzki combo can work in Dallas?
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 6
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 2
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 6