Oct 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year the Southwest Division sent a team to the NBA Finals — San Antonio had shifted over the years from a defensive to offensive team, got a renaissance season out of Tim Duncan and a breakout season from Kawhi Leonard. Kay Adams and I talk about if the Spurs can make a repeat trip to the Finals in this PBT Extra.
We also discuss if the Grizzlies can duplicate last season’s success? If the Rockets can be contenders this year? If the Pelicans, with their interesting offseason, can move into the playoff picture in the West? And if the Monta Ellis/Dirk Nowitzki combo can work in Dallas?
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 2
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 40
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33
- PBT Extra: One-on-one with Stephen Curry 0
- LeBron James pumped to play with Kevin Love, Kyrie Irving again 10