Oct 23, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Last year the Southwest Division sent a team to the NBA Finals — San Antonio had shifted over the years from a defensive to offensive team, got a renaissance season out of Tim Duncan and a breakout season from Kawhi Leonard. Kay Adams and I talk about if the Spurs can make a repeat trip to the Finals in this PBT Extra.
We also discuss if the Grizzlies can duplicate last season’s success? If the Rockets can be contenders this year? If the Pelicans, with their interesting offseason, can move into the playoff picture in the West? And if the Monta Ellis/Dirk Nowitzki combo can work in Dallas?
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48