Oct 23, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers have finally admitted there was more than just a bruised thigh that was keeping J.J. Redick sidelined the last three weeks — there was a little bit of a tear.
But that is apparently a thing of the past.
Redick is back on the Clippers practice court Tuesday and told Arash Markazi at ESPNLosAngeles.com he plans to play Friday in the team’s final exhibition game.
“My assumption is Friday would be a go,” Redick said Tuesday. “There might be some minutes restrictions but there was no residual soreness from yesterday so I should be a go.”
The Clippers open the season Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Redick is a big part of the Clippers plans this season. He is the starting two guard who along with Jared Dudley was brought in to help space the floor and give options to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. He can also run a little with the second unit and Jamal Crawford.
They just have to get him right for that to work, so the Clippers have been patient. They know it’s not about October. But Redick was understandably frustrated none the less.
“I think the frustrating part is not being part of the process and not getting to take every step with your teammates,” Redick said. “It’s one thing to sit out a couple games during the season, here and there, 30-40 games in. But training camp and the first two months of the season is when you get accustomed to a new situation, but there’s nothing you can do about it. Injuries are a part of it.”
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 3
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 8
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 3
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 24
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6