Oct 23, 2013, 4:03 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Clippers have finally admitted there was more than just a bruised thigh that was keeping J.J. Redick sidelined the last three weeks — there was a little bit of a tear.
But that is apparently a thing of the past.
Redick is back on the Clippers practice court Tuesday and told Arash Markazi at ESPNLosAngeles.com he plans to play Friday in the team’s final exhibition game.
“My assumption is Friday would be a go,” Redick said Tuesday. “There might be some minutes restrictions but there was no residual soreness from yesterday so I should be a go.”
The Clippers open the season Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Redick is a big part of the Clippers plans this season. He is the starting two guard who along with Jared Dudley was brought in to help space the floor and give options to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. He can also run a little with the second unit and Jamal Crawford.
They just have to get him right for that to work, so the Clippers have been patient. They know it’s not about October. But Redick was understandably frustrated none the less.
“I think the frustrating part is not being part of the process and not getting to take every step with your teammates,” Redick said. “It’s one thing to sit out a couple games during the season, here and there, 30-40 games in. But training camp and the first two months of the season is when you get accustomed to a new situation, but there’s nothing you can do about it. Injuries are a part of it.”
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 51
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 35
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18