Oct 23, 2013, 4:03 PM EST
The Los Angeles Clippers have finally admitted there was more than just a bruised thigh that was keeping J.J. Redick sidelined the last three weeks — there was a little bit of a tear.
But that is apparently a thing of the past.
Redick is back on the Clippers practice court Tuesday and told Arash Markazi at ESPNLosAngeles.com he plans to play Friday in the team’s final exhibition game.
“My assumption is Friday would be a go,” Redick said Tuesday. “There might be some minutes restrictions but there was no residual soreness from yesterday so I should be a go.”
The Clippers open the season Oct. 29 against the Los Angeles Lakers.
Redick is a big part of the Clippers plans this season. He is the starting two guard who along with Jared Dudley was brought in to help space the floor and give options to Chris Paul and Blake Griffin. He can also run a little with the second unit and Jamal Crawford.
They just have to get him right for that to work, so the Clippers have been patient. They know it’s not about October. But Redick was understandably frustrated none the less.
“I think the frustrating part is not being part of the process and not getting to take every step with your teammates,” Redick said. “It’s one thing to sit out a couple games during the season, here and there, 30-40 games in. But training camp and the first two months of the season is when you get accustomed to a new situation, but there’s nothing you can do about it. Injuries are a part of it.”
- Pistons release Josh Smith. WHAT? 0
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 18
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 9
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 20
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 14
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10