Oct 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Another ring, another uniform.
On opening night the Miami Heat are going to get their championship rings, watch another banner go up into the rafters at AmericanAirlines Arena, and during it all LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and teammates will be wearing a special new uniform and warm-up jacket designed by adidas.
You can see the uniform – called the NBA Championship Ring Ceremony Collection — to the right, it has the Larry O’Brien trophy on it and gold lettering. The jacket is white with a huge image of the trophy on the back as well as the three years the Heat have won titles. Of course, those will be for sale at NBAstore.com.
It’s all going to be a big show — and then Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls will try to knock them down a peg.
It should be a good opening night; Miami should be fired up for this one. That said, one thing to watch as the season goes on is how much Miami coasts the first half of the season — they’ll still win 60 games give or take a few, but how focused are they going to be? If, like last season, they don’t build enough good habits during the season it will catch up with them these playoffs in a deeper Eastern Conference.
But the new uniforms look sweet.
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 5
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 22
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 11
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1