Oct 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Another ring, another uniform.
On opening night the Miami Heat are going to get their championship rings, watch another banner go up into the rafters at AmericanAirlines Arena, and during it all LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and teammates will be wearing a special new uniform and warm-up jacket designed by adidas.
You can see the uniform – called the NBA Championship Ring Ceremony Collection — to the right, it has the Larry O’Brien trophy on it and gold lettering. The jacket is white with a huge image of the trophy on the back as well as the three years the Heat have won titles. Of course, those will be for sale at NBAstore.com.
It’s all going to be a big show — and then Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls will try to knock them down a peg.
It should be a good opening night; Miami should be fired up for this one. That said, one thing to watch as the season goes on is how much Miami coasts the first half of the season — they’ll still win 60 games give or take a few, but how focused are they going to be? If, like last season, they don’t build enough good habits during the season it will catch up with them these playoffs in a deeper Eastern Conference.
But the new uniforms look sweet.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 14
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 11
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 34
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 18
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (46)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)