Oct 23, 2013, 1:13 PM EST
Another ring, another uniform.
On opening night the Miami Heat are going to get their championship rings, watch another banner go up into the rafters at AmericanAirlines Arena, and during it all LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and teammates will be wearing a special new uniform and warm-up jacket designed by adidas.
You can see the uniform – called the NBA Championship Ring Ceremony Collection — to the right, it has the Larry O’Brien trophy on it and gold lettering. The jacket is white with a huge image of the trophy on the back as well as the three years the Heat have won titles. Of course, those will be for sale at NBAstore.com.
It’s all going to be a big show — and then Derrick Rose and the Chicago Bulls will try to knock them down a peg.
It should be a good opening night; Miami should be fired up for this one. That said, one thing to watch as the season goes on is how much Miami coasts the first half of the season — they’ll still win 60 games give or take a few, but how focused are they going to be? If, like last season, they don’t build enough good habits during the season it will catch up with them these playoffs in a deeper Eastern Conference.
But the new uniforms look sweet.
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 0
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 4
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 21
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 16
- LeBron says he has open door policy, would certainly speak to Paul George 28