Oct 23, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
The Brooklyn Nets (as had been expected) will sit their entire likely starting five on Wednesday night, the team announced. No new injuries, just Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Pierce and Garnett getting the night off.
Williams has been out all preseason following a severe sprained right ankle that included a bone bruise during pre-camp training. Just a few days ago he said he didn’t know when he would be back, but on Tuesday he was taking part in full contact, 5-on-5 drills reports ESPN.
“It was good to get back out there,” said Williams, who is still recovering from a sprained right ankle injury he suffered during an offseason workout in Utah. “It was only for like 15-20 minutes, but to do contact, 5-on-5 half-court, you’re not part of the cheerleading squad. So it was definitely good to be out there.”
Williams still isn’t going to take part in any preseason games, but expect him to be on the court when the games start to matter next week. Brooklyn opens the season Oct. 30 at the Cavaliers.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: You may want to try and cover Marc Gasol 0
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11