Oct 23, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The Brooklyn Nets (as had been expected) will sit their entire likely starting five on Wednesday night, the team announced. No new injuries, just Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Pierce and Garnett getting the night off.
Williams has been out all preseason following a severe sprained right ankle that included a bone bruise during pre-camp training. Just a few days ago he said he didn’t know when he would be back, but on Tuesday he was taking part in full contact, 5-on-5 drills reports ESPN.
“It was good to get back out there,” said Williams, who is still recovering from a sprained right ankle injury he suffered during an offseason workout in Utah. “It was only for like 15-20 minutes, but to do contact, 5-on-5 half-court, you’re not part of the cheerleading squad. So it was definitely good to be out there.”
Williams still isn’t going to take part in any preseason games, but expect him to be on the court when the games start to matter next week. Brooklyn opens the season Oct. 30 at the Cavaliers.
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 9
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 54
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 10