Oct 23, 2013, 12:51 PM EST
The Brooklyn Nets (as had been expected) will sit their entire likely starting five on Wednesday night, the team announced. No new injuries, just Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, Joe Johnson, Pierce and Garnett getting the night off.
Williams has been out all preseason following a severe sprained right ankle that included a bone bruise during pre-camp training. Just a few days ago he said he didn’t know when he would be back, but on Tuesday he was taking part in full contact, 5-on-5 drills reports ESPN.
“It was good to get back out there,” said Williams, who is still recovering from a sprained right ankle injury he suffered during an offseason workout in Utah. “It was only for like 15-20 minutes, but to do contact, 5-on-5 half-court, you’re not part of the cheerleading squad. So it was definitely good to be out there.”
Williams still isn’t going to take part in any preseason games, but expect him to be on the court when the games start to matter next week. Brooklyn opens the season Oct. 30 at the Cavaliers.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11