Oct 22, 2013, 12:09 AM EST
This is THE video of the NBA night, and one you will see replayed thousands of times, especially every time Tyler Hansbrough‘s toughness comes up.
During an otherwise often tedious double overtime preseason game, Toronto’s Hansbrough missed a shot and as he went for an offensive rebound and putback he got fouled solidly from behind. Hansbrough didn’t see who fouled him, but he didn’t like it one bit. He lashed out, threw the arms off him and turned around looking for a little more…
And saw Metta World Peace.
Hansbrough’s eyes bug out like a Tex Avery cartoon — that is really the best part of the video — and he just backs down. It looks like he even says “my bad” even though he got hacked. Carmelo Anthony said after the game he heard a Hansbrough apology.
By the way, the Raptors went on to win the game 123-120.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 10
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 6
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 28
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 20
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)