Oct 22, 2013, 12:09 AM EDT
This is THE video of the NBA night, and one you will see replayed thousands of times, especially every time Tyler Hansbrough‘s toughness comes up.
During an otherwise often tedious double overtime preseason game, Toronto’s Hansbrough missed a shot and as he went for an offensive rebound and putback he got fouled solidly from behind. Hansbrough didn’t see who fouled him, but he didn’t like it one bit. He lashed out, threw the arms off him and turned around looking for a little more…
And saw Metta World Peace.
Hansbrough’s eyes bug out like a Tex Avery cartoon — that is really the best part of the video — and he just backs down. It looks like he even says “my bad” even though he got hacked. Carmelo Anthony said after the game he heard a Hansbrough apology.
By the way, the Raptors went on to win the game 123-120.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 0
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 17
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49