Oct 22, 2013, 12:09 AM EST
This is THE video of the NBA night, and one you will see replayed thousands of times, especially every time Tyler Hansbrough‘s toughness comes up.
During an otherwise often tedious double overtime preseason game, Toronto’s Hansbrough missed a shot and as he went for an offensive rebound and putback he got fouled solidly from behind. Hansbrough didn’t see who fouled him, but he didn’t like it one bit. He lashed out, threw the arms off him and turned around looking for a little more…
And saw Metta World Peace.
Hansbrough’s eyes bug out like a Tex Avery cartoon — that is really the best part of the video — and he just backs down. It looks like he even says “my bad” even though he got hacked. Carmelo Anthony said after the game he heard a Hansbrough apology.
By the way, the Raptors went on to win the game 123-120.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13