Quote of the Day: Metta World Peace loves Mr. Softee ice cream (not players)

Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EST

Mister Softee 01

“We’ve got a lot of Mister Softees now. You remember Mister Softee in New York? They’re made right from the ice cream cone. A lot of these guys, a lot of basketball players are made right from the Mister Softee Ice Cream truck.

“I like Mister Softee, but I don’t like playing basketball with Mister Softee. I just like Mister Softee after a nice hot summer day.”

—The New York Knicks’ Metta World Peace, via Alan Hahn of the MSG Network, on Sulia.

This was in response to World Peace’s hilarious “run in” with Tyler Hansbrough Monday night, where Hansbrough looked ready to start something until his eyes bugged out when he realized it was World Peace with the hard foul. World Peace praised Hansbrough for his physical, old-school style of play, both to the media and on twitter.

World Peace compared Hansbrough to Matt Harpring. That’s a compliment.

1. yuwannano - Oct 22, 2013 at 12:24 PM

It’s hard not to like Ron Artest. Sorry, I just can’t bring myself to call him “Metta World Peace”

• mydoghasfleez - Oct 22, 2013 at 4:17 PM

I find it very easy

• metalhead65 - Oct 22, 2013 at 7:59 PM

as a pacer fan it’s pretty easy when helped destroy a potential NBA championship team and lead to downfall of the team and franchise. I don’t care how long ago it happened that is something you do not forgive and forget. you would feel the same way if it had been your team he did it to.

• billsfanaddict - Oct 23, 2013 at 12:09 AM

yeah, it was wonderful wasnt it :)

• jpstyles314 - Oct 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I am a Pacers fan, he didn’t destroy the team. Management destroyed the team.

• metalhead65 - Oct 23, 2013 at 6:54 AM

you must not be much of one to say that. he was a vital part of that team and him getting suspended along with the other guys ruined the last shot a championship for Reggie. as for management destroying the team all they did was get rid of the thugs that were on it who were getting into trouble and getting arrested all the time. you would be one of the only ones who did not support them for doing that.

2. titansbro - Oct 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM

I don’t like him. I think his whole act is calculated.

• asimonetti88 - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I bet he doesn’t GAF!

3. isujames - Oct 22, 2013 at 3:37 PM

He was mr. softee up against big Ben Wallace.

4. maracineanu16 - Oct 22, 2013 at 4:21 PM

although I called a MoRon in one of my previous comments – I have to admit that I like his Twitter post

5. billsfanaddict - Oct 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

NYK is gonna be one of the craziest team of the past decade or two. I may join twitter just to follow their antics and get in a good-hearty few mins of laughing each day.

Can red hot Warriors sustain success?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches