Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EDT
“We’ve got a lot of Mister Softees now. You remember Mister Softee in New York? They’re made right from the ice cream cone. A lot of these guys, a lot of basketball players are made right from the Mister Softee Ice Cream truck.
“I like Mister Softee, but I don’t like playing basketball with Mister Softee. I just like Mister Softee after a nice hot summer day.”
This was in response to World Peace’s hilarious “run in” with Tyler Hansbrough Monday night, where Hansbrough looked ready to start something until his eyes bugged out when he realized it was World Peace with the hard foul. World Peace praised Hansbrough for his physical, old-school style of play, both to the media and on twitter.
Tyler Hansbrough, dont listen to these fools. Keep being s hard nose ball player!!!—
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) October 22, 2013
World Peace compared Hansbrough to Matt Harpring. That’s a compliment.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16