Oct 22, 2013, 11:51 AM EST
“We’ve got a lot of Mister Softees now. You remember Mister Softee in New York? They’re made right from the ice cream cone. A lot of these guys, a lot of basketball players are made right from the Mister Softee Ice Cream truck.
“I like Mister Softee, but I don’t like playing basketball with Mister Softee. I just like Mister Softee after a nice hot summer day.”
This was in response to World Peace’s hilarious “run in” with Tyler Hansbrough Monday night, where Hansbrough looked ready to start something until his eyes bugged out when he realized it was World Peace with the hard foul. World Peace praised Hansbrough for his physical, old-school style of play, both to the media and on twitter.
Tyler Hansbrough, dont listen to these fools. Keep being s hard nose ball player!!!—
Metta World Peace (@MettaWorldPeace) October 22, 2013
World Peace compared Hansbrough to Matt Harpring. That’s a compliment.
- LeBron James likely to start at center for Eastern Conference All-Stars 0
- Report: Sixers a viable trade destination for Omer Asik 10
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 6
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 30
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 18
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (50)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)