Oct 22, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There was no malicious intent here — Dirk Nowitzki was going for the ball and the spectacular chase-down block.
But instead he smacked Omri Casspi upside the head while the Rockets forward was going for a dunk. The referees reviewed it and rightfully called it a flagrant two, then ejected Nowitzki from Monday night’s preseason game.
You can bet Nowitzki will get a fine for that in the coming days. The league frowns on smacking guys upside the head ala Deacon Jones.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30