Oct 22, 2013, 2:18 PM EST
There was no malicious intent here — Dirk Nowitzki was going for the ball and the spectacular chase-down block.
But instead he smacked Omri Casspi upside the head while the Rockets forward was going for a dunk. The referees reviewed it and rightfully called it a flagrant two, then ejected Nowitzki from Monday night’s preseason game.
You can bet Nowitzki will get a fine for that in the coming days. The league frowns on smacking guys upside the head ala Deacon Jones.
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 9
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 12
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 20
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 7
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 18