Oct 22, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There was no malicious intent here — Dirk Nowitzki was going for the ball and the spectacular chase-down block.
But instead he smacked Omri Casspi upside the head while the Rockets forward was going for a dunk. The referees reviewed it and rightfully called it a flagrant two, then ejected Nowitzki from Monday night’s preseason game.
You can bet Nowitzki will get a fine for that in the coming days. The league frowns on smacking guys upside the head ala Deacon Jones.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20