Oct 22, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There was no malicious intent here — Dirk Nowitzki was going for the ball and the spectacular chase-down block.
But instead he smacked Omri Casspi upside the head while the Rockets forward was going for a dunk. The referees reviewed it and rightfully called it a flagrant two, then ejected Nowitzki from Monday night’s preseason game.
You can bet Nowitzki will get a fine for that in the coming days. The league frowns on smacking guys upside the head ala Deacon Jones.
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 0
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 2
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 8
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 23
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 7