Oct 22, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
There was no malicious intent here — Dirk Nowitzki was going for the ball and the spectacular chase-down block.
But instead he smacked Omri Casspi upside the head while the Rockets forward was going for a dunk. The referees reviewed it and rightfully called it a flagrant two, then ejected Nowitzki from Monday night’s preseason game.
You can bet Nowitzki will get a fine for that in the coming days. The league frowns on smacking guys upside the head ala Deacon Jones.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 5
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 18
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 52
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 24
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65