Oct 21, 2013, 7:01 PM EDT
Last time I checked the NBA rulebook, head butting an opposing player was still illegal.
The incident happened 26 seconds before halftime. Jrue Holiday had the ball in the right wing and makes a skip pass across the court level with the free throw line to Eric Gordon on the weak side. That is Thabeet’s rotation to get out on the shooter but Stiemsma sets a little pick, and as Thabeet runs into him his hands get up near Stiemsma’s face, and Stiemsma takes exception and pushes Thabeet.
Thabeet’s response is to go back at him, arms down, and head butt him.
It was the right call by the league, which can’t allow this kind of escalation of incidents.
So when the Thunder open the season in Utah Oct. 30 Thabeet will be hanging out at the hotel not getting paid.
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 3
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 20
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 6
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 7
- Reports: Bulls getting closer to firing Tom Thibodeau 23
- PBT Extra: Despite ending, Hawks had season worth celebrating 3
- Bucks’ Jared Dudley: “Most guys don’t want to play with Kobe” 62
- PBT Extra: Expect a healthy Stephen Curry for Game 5… sorry Houston 4