Oct 21, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Thomas Robinson is going to get a chance in Portland as part of a revamped Trail Blazers bench. We’ll see what he does with that chance.
What he did with it Sunday was throw down a big putback dunk, pretty much pushing teammate Robin Lopez out of the way to do it. Still, this was probably THE highlight play from Sunday’s slate of games.
Portland is going to be an interesting team to watch unfold this season. If they can play better defense they will be in the playoff mix, but they need some guys to step up with LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard. Robinson could be that guy, but we’ll need to see a lot more from him first.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14