Oct 21, 2013, 8:00 AM EDT
Thomas Robinson is going to get a chance in Portland as part of a revamped Trail Blazers bench. We’ll see what he does with that chance.
What he did with it Sunday was throw down a big putback dunk, pretty much pushing teammate Robin Lopez out of the way to do it. Still, this was probably THE highlight play from Sunday’s slate of games.
Portland is going to be an interesting team to watch unfold this season. If they can play better defense they will be in the playoff mix, but they need some guys to step up with LaMarcus Aldridge and Damian Lillard. Robinson could be that guy, but we’ll need to see a lot more from him first.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: San Antonio Spurs 0
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 1
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 7
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 31
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2