Oct 21, 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
It was the fourth quarter of a blowout preseason game where the Thunder were shredding the Nuggets, and as Derek Fisher was knocking down a jumper from the top of the key, Nate Robinson shoved Thunder rookie center Steven Adams under the basket, then as Adams ran past him back up court Robinson struck him in the chest. (You can see it in the video above, move ahead to the 1:29 mark.)
Robinson was ejected from that game for a flagrant 2 foul after a video review.
Monday, the league slapped a $10,000 fine on top of that.
And you thought everyone in the NBA just coasted through the preseason.
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 0
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 0
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 2
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 20
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 10
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6