Oct 21, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Maybe Kevin Love just wanted to make some French-Canadians happy?
Minnesota played chunks of what likely will be their regular rotation on Sunday and went on to beat the Celtics 104-89 in a preseason game played in Montreal. Kevin Love had 22 points on 6-of-14 shooting and 2-of-8 from three. But what mattered for Minnesota is when Love was out there with Ricky Rubo, Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin (who had 21) Minnesota looked like the playoff team we expected.
Also, look at Love — his conditioning is back. He’s hitting the board strong still but he’s also showing off his passing skills this presason. After a wasted season with a broken hand last year he looks ready to break out.
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 20
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 20
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 4