Oct 21, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Maybe Kevin Love just wanted to make some French-Canadians happy?
Minnesota played chunks of what likely will be their regular rotation on Sunday and went on to beat the Celtics 104-89 in a preseason game played in Montreal. Kevin Love had 22 points on 6-of-14 shooting and 2-of-8 from three. But what mattered for Minnesota is when Love was out there with Ricky Rubo, Nikola Pekovic and Kevin Martin (who had 21) Minnesota looked like the playoff team we expected.
Also, look at Love — his conditioning is back. He’s hitting the board strong still but he’s also showing off his passing skills this presason. After a wasted season with a broken hand last year he looks ready to break out.
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 6
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 4
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27