Oct 21, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Damian Lillard came out of the locker room at halftime Sunday night and decided “I’m going to own this preseason game.” He then proceeded to drop 16 points on Sacramento in the third quarter (14 of those in a spurt that lasted about four minutes), and had 23 of his 28 in the second half as the Trail Blazers won 109-105.
Lillard started out slow, hitting just one shot in the first half, but he was getting looks he liked. The Kings rested DeMarcus Cousins and it showed as Lillard met letting resistance in the paint when he drove, then was hitting threes as well. Lillard finished 8-of-19 shooting and 4-of-9 from three.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61