Oct 21, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Damian Lillard came out of the locker room at halftime Sunday night and decided “I’m going to own this preseason game.” He then proceeded to drop 16 points on Sacramento in the third quarter (14 of those in a spurt that lasted about four minutes), and had 23 of his 28 in the second half as the Trail Blazers won 109-105.
Lillard started out slow, hitting just one shot in the first half, but he was getting looks he liked. The Kings rested DeMarcus Cousins and it showed as Lillard met letting resistance in the paint when he drove, then was hitting threes as well. Lillard finished 8-of-19 shooting and 4-of-9 from three.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 39
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20