Oct 21, 2013, 9:56 AM EDT
Damian Lillard came out of the locker room at halftime Sunday night and decided “I’m going to own this preseason game.” He then proceeded to drop 16 points on Sacramento in the third quarter (14 of those in a spurt that lasted about four minutes), and had 23 of his 28 in the second half as the Trail Blazers won 109-105.
Lillard started out slow, hitting just one shot in the first half, but he was getting looks he liked. The Kings rested DeMarcus Cousins and it showed as Lillard met letting resistance in the paint when he drove, then was hitting threes as well. Lillard finished 8-of-19 shooting and 4-of-9 from three.
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 5
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 9
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 22
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 3
- Pacers’ troubles continue as Hawks convincingly win Game 1 32