Oct 21, 2013, 9:56 AM EST
Damian Lillard came out of the locker room at halftime Sunday night and decided “I’m going to own this preseason game.” He then proceeded to drop 16 points on Sacramento in the third quarter (14 of those in a spurt that lasted about four minutes), and had 23 of his 28 in the second half as the Trail Blazers won 109-105.
Lillard started out slow, hitting just one shot in the first half, but he was getting looks he liked. The Kings rested DeMarcus Cousins and it showed as Lillard met letting resistance in the paint when he drove, then was hitting threes as well. Lillard finished 8-of-19 shooting and 4-of-9 from three.
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 7
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 30
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 10
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5