Oct 20, 2013, 3:30 PM EDT
In the final game of the series, with the score out of hand and the contest having already been decided, Ayres got into a shoving match with Norris Cole, and although the confrontation was minor, both players were ejected by the officials to prevent things from escalating during garbage time.
Ayres signed with the Spurs in the offseason, and played for his new team against the Heat in Miami on Saturday. Apparently, though, the name change and the new uniform weren’t enough to make the Heat players forget about how Ayres played against them in last season’s playoffs.
Ayres felt no love lost in Miami after switching to the Spurs.
“That’s what it felt like,” Ayres said. “People were trying to take out my knees and stuff. I was like, it’s preseason take a chill pill.”
The Heat seemed to take the rematch against the Spurs quite seriously, so we’ll take Ayres’ word for it. Despite the fact that the game meant nothing in the standings. Dwyane Wade looked sharp and the Heat rolled to a 121-96 victory.
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 0
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 12
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14