Oct 20, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Maybe there is something special about those powder blue with sleeves uniforms of the Clippers. Or maybe Chris Paul just loves Las Vegas.
Whatever the case, CP3 went off in a preseason game against Denver and dropped 40 points in Los Angeles’ 118-111 overtime win at Mandalay Bay. Doc Rivers decided to stretch the legs of some of his stars with Paul playing 42 minutes and Blake Griffin just less than 40. Paul was 13-of-21 shooting on the night but where he really did damage was getting to the line for 13 free throws (he hit 12). He also hit the game tying shot to send the game to OT.
Check out the ankle-breaking crossover on Ty Lawson at the :17 mark of that video. That’s just wicked.
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 8
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 6
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 17
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 39
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15