Oct 20, 2013, 10:59 AM EDT
Maybe there is something special about those powder blue with sleeves uniforms of the Clippers. Or maybe Chris Paul just loves Las Vegas.
Whatever the case, CP3 went off in a preseason game against Denver and dropped 40 points in Los Angeles’ 118-111 overtime win at Mandalay Bay. Doc Rivers decided to stretch the legs of some of his stars with Paul playing 42 minutes and Blake Griffin just less than 40. Paul was 13-of-21 shooting on the night but where he really did damage was getting to the line for 13 free throws (he hit 12). He also hit the game tying shot to send the game to OT.
Check out the ankle-breaking crossover on Ty Lawson at the :17 mark of that video. That’s just wicked.
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 0
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 0
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 8
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 10
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13