Oct 20, 2013, 10:59 AM EST
Maybe there is something special about those powder blue with sleeves uniforms of the Clippers. Or maybe Chris Paul just loves Las Vegas.
Whatever the case, CP3 went off in a preseason game against Denver and dropped 40 points in Los Angeles’ 118-111 overtime win at Mandalay Bay. Doc Rivers decided to stretch the legs of some of his stars with Paul playing 42 minutes and Blake Griffin just less than 40. Paul was 13-of-21 shooting on the night but where he really did damage was getting to the line for 13 free throws (he hit 12). He also hit the game tying shot to send the game to OT.
Check out the ankle-breaking crossover on Ty Lawson at the :17 mark of that video. That’s just wicked.
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 9