Oct 20, 2013, 10:59 AM EST
Maybe there is something special about those powder blue with sleeves uniforms of the Clippers. Or maybe Chris Paul just loves Las Vegas.
Whatever the case, CP3 went off in a preseason game against Denver and dropped 40 points in Los Angeles’ 118-111 overtime win at Mandalay Bay. Doc Rivers decided to stretch the legs of some of his stars with Paul playing 42 minutes and Blake Griffin just less than 40. Paul was 13-of-21 shooting on the night but where he really did damage was getting to the line for 13 free throws (he hit 12). He also hit the game tying shot to send the game to OT.
Check out the ankle-breaking crossover on Ty Lawson at the :17 mark of that video. That’s just wicked.
- PBT Podcast: Damian Lillard can’t miss, plus Iguodala return 0
- The Extra Pass: The Spurs’ Hammer set; plus Tuesday’s recaps 1
- Tuesday night NBA grades: Damian Lillard is clutch 2
- Nuggets Jordan Hamilton ejected for striking Thunder’s Steven Adams (VIDEO) 7
- Asik trade update: Atlanta, Boston, Cleveland and Philadelphia most likely destinations 10
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (104)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (46)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (45)