Oct 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
Kirk Hinrich is out for at least a few days after suffering a concussion during the Bulls’ preseason win over the Pacers on Friday.
“He’s out. He has a concussion,” Thibodeau said after Saturday’s practice. “Not sure (how long he’ll be out). Probably a couple days.”
Thibodeau acknowledged that Hinrich will have to be cleared under the NBA concussion policy in order to return. Hinrich was injured in the fourth quarter after he fell into rookie Erik Murphy‘s knee.
“The league protocol, he’ll have to go through a series of tests,” Thibodeau said. “Make sure he’s OK. He said he was feeling a lot better today.”
The play, seen in the video clip above, didn’t appear to be that serious. Although Hinrich did immediately clutch his head after he fell into his teammate’s knee, and the league-mandated protocol treats any head injury classified as a concussion with the utmost level of importance.
Chicago is already dealing with injuries to Joakim Noah (groin strain) and Jimmy Butler (knee), but on the bright side Derrick Rose seems to be doing just fine. After finishing with 32 points and nine assists Friday, he was a full participant in Saturday’s practice.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 0
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7