Oct 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich is out for at least a few days after suffering a concussion during the Bulls’ preseason win over the Pacers on Friday.
“He’s out. He has a concussion,” Thibodeau said after Saturday’s practice. “Not sure (how long he’ll be out). Probably a couple days.”
Thibodeau acknowledged that Hinrich will have to be cleared under the NBA concussion policy in order to return. Hinrich was injured in the fourth quarter after he fell into rookie Erik Murphy‘s knee.
“The league protocol, he’ll have to go through a series of tests,” Thibodeau said. “Make sure he’s OK. He said he was feeling a lot better today.”
The play, seen in the video clip above, didn’t appear to be that serious. Although Hinrich did immediately clutch his head after he fell into his teammate’s knee, and the league-mandated protocol treats any head injury classified as a concussion with the utmost level of importance.
Chicago is already dealing with injuries to Joakim Noah (groin strain) and Jimmy Butler (knee), but on the bright side Derrick Rose seems to be doing just fine. After finishing with 32 points and nine assists Friday, he was a full participant in Saturday’s practice.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 1
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 50
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 14
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13