Oct 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich is out for at least a few days after suffering a concussion during the Bulls’ preseason win over the Pacers on Friday.
“He’s out. He has a concussion,” Thibodeau said after Saturday’s practice. “Not sure (how long he’ll be out). Probably a couple days.”
Thibodeau acknowledged that Hinrich will have to be cleared under the NBA concussion policy in order to return. Hinrich was injured in the fourth quarter after he fell into rookie Erik Murphy‘s knee.
“The league protocol, he’ll have to go through a series of tests,” Thibodeau said. “Make sure he’s OK. He said he was feeling a lot better today.”
The play, seen in the video clip above, didn’t appear to be that serious. Although Hinrich did immediately clutch his head after he fell into his teammate’s knee, and the league-mandated protocol treats any head injury classified as a concussion with the utmost level of importance.
Chicago is already dealing with injuries to Joakim Noah (groin strain) and Jimmy Butler (knee), but on the bright side Derrick Rose seems to be doing just fine. After finishing with 32 points and nine assists Friday, he was a full participant in Saturday’s practice.
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 14
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 6
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 29
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17