Oct 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich is out for at least a few days after suffering a concussion during the Bulls’ preseason win over the Pacers on Friday.
“He’s out. He has a concussion,” Thibodeau said after Saturday’s practice. “Not sure (how long he’ll be out). Probably a couple days.”
Thibodeau acknowledged that Hinrich will have to be cleared under the NBA concussion policy in order to return. Hinrich was injured in the fourth quarter after he fell into rookie Erik Murphy‘s knee.
“The league protocol, he’ll have to go through a series of tests,” Thibodeau said. “Make sure he’s OK. He said he was feeling a lot better today.”
The play, seen in the video clip above, didn’t appear to be that serious. Although Hinrich did immediately clutch his head after he fell into his teammate’s knee, and the league-mandated protocol treats any head injury classified as a concussion with the utmost level of importance.
Chicago is already dealing with injuries to Joakim Noah (groin strain) and Jimmy Butler (knee), but on the bright side Derrick Rose seems to be doing just fine. After finishing with 32 points and nine assists Friday, he was a full participant in Saturday’s practice.
- Report: Dante Exum diagnosed with torn ACL 7
- Kobe Bryant, can this Laker team make the playoffs? “Of course it can. Absolutely.” 23
- Report: Knicks reach deal with backup center Kevin Seraphin 7
- Raptors officially unveil new uniforms, yes there is a Drake-inspired one 24
- Ray Allen: “I won’t officially retire” 12
- Report: Adidas makes $200 million offer to James Harden 23
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 16
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 9