Oct 19, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
Kirk Hinrich is out for at least a few days after suffering a concussion during the Bulls’ preseason win over the Pacers on Friday.
“He’s out. He has a concussion,” Thibodeau said after Saturday’s practice. “Not sure (how long he’ll be out). Probably a couple days.”
Thibodeau acknowledged that Hinrich will have to be cleared under the NBA concussion policy in order to return. Hinrich was injured in the fourth quarter after he fell into rookie Erik Murphy‘s knee.
“The league protocol, he’ll have to go through a series of tests,” Thibodeau said. “Make sure he’s OK. He said he was feeling a lot better today.”
The play, seen in the video clip above, didn’t appear to be that serious. Although Hinrich did immediately clutch his head after he fell into his teammate’s knee, and the league-mandated protocol treats any head injury classified as a concussion with the utmost level of importance.
Chicago is already dealing with injuries to Joakim Noah (groin strain) and Jimmy Butler (knee), but on the bright side Derrick Rose seems to be doing just fine. After finishing with 32 points and nine assists Friday, he was a full participant in Saturday’s practice.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 8
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 34
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 82
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19