Oct 18, 2013, 11:48 AM EDT
Everyone could use a Swaggy P highlight before lunch.
Golden State routed the Los Angeles Lakers 115-89 in Shanghai, China, early in the morning here (it was a 4:30 a.m. start in the cities where those teams play). Klay Thompson dropped 25 points to lead a Warriors team that shot 51.1 percent overall and hit 15-of-26 from three. It’s preseason, so don’t read too much into that, which is why we bring you a few dunk highlights — Andre Iguodala and Nick Young throwing it down. They loved Nick Young the gunner in China. (Not as much as Kobe Bryant, whose name was chanted all the time despite him being in a suit).
One potentially serious note, Andrew Bogut played three minutes at the start of the game before leaving and going to the locker rook with a lower back strain. That’s something to monitor, the Warriors need him (and this can’t help those contract talks). I’m sure the 12 hour flight back from China will really help his back, those are always so comfortable.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 7
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48