Oct 18, 2013, 11:48 AM EST
Everyone could use a Swaggy P highlight before lunch.
Golden State routed the Los Angeles Lakers 115-89 in Shanghai, China, early in the morning here (it was a 4:30 a.m. start in the cities where those teams play). Klay Thompson dropped 25 points to lead a Warriors team that shot 51.1 percent overall and hit 15-of-26 from three. It’s preseason, so don’t read too much into that, which is why we bring you a few dunk highlights — Andre Iguodala and Nick Young throwing it down. They loved Nick Young the gunner in China. (Not as much as Kobe Bryant, whose name was chanted all the time despite him being in a suit).
One potentially serious note, Andrew Bogut played three minutes at the start of the game before leaving and going to the locker rook with a lower back strain. That’s something to monitor, the Warriors need him (and this can’t help those contract talks). I’m sure the 12 hour flight back from China will really help his back, those are always so comfortable.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 9
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16