Oct 18, 2013, 12:28 PM EST
Andrew Bynum sightings feel a little bit like Bigfoot sightings — rare, always from a distance, any video is grainy, and you’re not quite sure what to believe.
We had another Bynum sighting Thursday night before the Cavaliers preseason game, he was on the court getting in some work pregame with the coaches. Twitter reports suggested he looked a little slow, but how someone looks in that setting really depends on what they were working on.
The more official report, via the Akron Beacon Journal, is that Bynum is down to his game weight and making progress.
Bynum is down to his “game weight,” a league source said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to do so. Bynum has hit every milestone the team has set before him without any setbacks, including participating in three-on-three half-court scrimmages with teammates during Wednesday’s abbreviated practice…
“He looked really good. He’s getting more comfortable every time he’s playing three-on-three,” Varejao said. “I’m not a doctor. He looked good, but I don’t know his knees.”
When Bynum signed with the Cavaliers he was north of 300 pounds, that is down to 285 now, the report states.
The reports are nice and all, but when I see Andrew Bynum on the court making plays for the Cavaliers I’ll believe it. Until then it’s all Bigfoot sightings.
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 16
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 10
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 17
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 21
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)