Oct 18, 2013, 12:28 PM EST
Andrew Bynum sightings feel a little bit like Bigfoot sightings — rare, always from a distance, any video is grainy, and you’re not quite sure what to believe.
We had another Bynum sighting Thursday night before the Cavaliers preseason game, he was on the court getting in some work pregame with the coaches. Twitter reports suggested he looked a little slow, but how someone looks in that setting really depends on what they were working on.
The more official report, via the Akron Beacon Journal, is that Bynum is down to his game weight and making progress.
Bynum is down to his “game weight,” a league source said Thursday, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to do so. Bynum has hit every milestone the team has set before him without any setbacks, including participating in three-on-three half-court scrimmages with teammates during Wednesday’s abbreviated practice…
“He looked really good. He’s getting more comfortable every time he’s playing three-on-three,” Varejao said. “I’m not a doctor. He looked good, but I don’t know his knees.”
When Bynum signed with the Cavaliers he was north of 300 pounds, that is down to 285 now, the report states.
The reports are nice and all, but when I see Andrew Bynum on the court making plays for the Cavaliers I’ll believe it. Until then it’s all Bigfoot sightings.
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 4
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 7
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 5
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 33
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 16
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 31