Oct 18, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The waiting is the hardest part….
At some point this season Amar’e Stoudemire will suit up and play for the Knicks. We swear. His minutes are going to be limited when he does, but he will get on the court. Eventually.
But for now, still no Stoudemire in Knicks preseason games as he has not yet been cleared for contact, coach Mike Woodson told Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com. Remember Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer (one more and he fills out his punch card and gets a free frozen yogurt) and has not fully bounced back from that.
Stoudemire had hoped to get in some preseason games this season but that looks less and less likely.
More and more you have to think anything the Knicks get of quality out of Stoudemire this year is a bonus. They can’t count on it.
Which means they need to trust in Andrea Bargnani… that should be fun.
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)