Oct 18, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The waiting is the hardest part….
At some point this season Amar’e Stoudemire will suit up and play for the Knicks. We swear. His minutes are going to be limited when he does, but he will get on the court. Eventually.
But for now, still no Stoudemire in Knicks preseason games as he has not yet been cleared for contact, coach Mike Woodson told Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com. Remember Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer (one more and he fills out his punch card and gets a free frozen yogurt) and has not fully bounced back from that.
Stoudemire had hoped to get in some preseason games this season but that looks less and less likely.
More and more you have to think anything the Knicks get of quality out of Stoudemire this year is a bonus. They can’t count on it.
Which means they need to trust in Andrea Bargnani… that should be fun.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 22
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49