Oct 18, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The waiting is the hardest part….
At some point this season Amar’e Stoudemire will suit up and play for the Knicks. We swear. His minutes are going to be limited when he does, but he will get on the court. Eventually.
But for now, still no Stoudemire in Knicks preseason games as he has not yet been cleared for contact, coach Mike Woodson told Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com. Remember Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer (one more and he fills out his punch card and gets a free frozen yogurt) and has not fully bounced back from that.
Stoudemire had hoped to get in some preseason games this season but that looks less and less likely.
More and more you have to think anything the Knicks get of quality out of Stoudemire this year is a bonus. They can’t count on it.
Which means they need to trust in Andrea Bargnani… that should be fun.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 4
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15