Oct 18, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The waiting is the hardest part….
At some point this season Amar’e Stoudemire will suit up and play for the Knicks. We swear. His minutes are going to be limited when he does, but he will get on the court. Eventually.
But for now, still no Stoudemire in Knicks preseason games as he has not yet been cleared for contact, coach Mike Woodson told Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com. Remember Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer (one more and he fills out his punch card and gets a free frozen yogurt) and has not fully bounced back from that.
Stoudemire had hoped to get in some preseason games this season but that looks less and less likely.
More and more you have to think anything the Knicks get of quality out of Stoudemire this year is a bonus. They can’t count on it.
Which means they need to trust in Andrea Bargnani… that should be fun.
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 14
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 39
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 81
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48