Oct 18, 2013, 4:58 PM EST
The waiting is the hardest part….
At some point this season Amar’e Stoudemire will suit up and play for the Knicks. We swear. His minutes are going to be limited when he does, but he will get on the court. Eventually.
But for now, still no Stoudemire in Knicks preseason games as he has not yet been cleared for contact, coach Mike Woodson told Ian Begley of ESPNNewYork.com. Remember Stoudemire had another knee surgery this summer (one more and he fills out his punch card and gets a free frozen yogurt) and has not fully bounced back from that.
Stoudemire had hoped to get in some preseason games this season but that looks less and less likely.
More and more you have to think anything the Knicks get of quality out of Stoudemire this year is a bonus. They can’t count on it.
Which means they need to trust in Andrea Bargnani… that should be fun.
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 26
- Dwight Howard out at least two games with swelling in his knee 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Is this rock bottom for Oklahoma City? 12
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 52
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 6
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 18
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 17
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 28