Oct 18, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
We may actually have a little Heat/Nets rivalry brewing.
Preseason talk matters usually matters about as much as preseason games, but the tension built up in years past between LeBron James and Kevin Garnett as led to a few shots across the bow this preseason. That could lead to some actual drama during the regular season — something we all could use.
It started with LeBron pointing out that Garnett turned his back on Ray Allen when Allen bolted Boston for Miami, then a year later KG waived his no trade clause to get out of town. From where LeBron sits, it smells a lot like hypocrisy.
“Tell LeBron to worry about Miami,” Garnett said. “He has nothing to do with Celtic business.”
Well, neither does Garnett anymore, but that’s another discussion for another day.
Players and teams can kind of go through the motions during the regular season and the Heat are one of the worst offenders — they coasted through the first half of last season. Anything that adds a little drama, anything that gets teams to focus during the grind of the regular season is good with me.
The Heat/Nets regular season games should be fun.
- Report: Warriors agree to four-year, $70 million extension with Klay Thompson 6
- Can Thunder, without Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, overcome their first identity crisis? 12
- Jazz guard Alec Burks signs contract extension worth $42 million-$45 million 10
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 12
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 2
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, likely out 4-6 weeks 10
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 46
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 5