Oct 18, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
We may actually have a little Heat/Nets rivalry brewing.
Preseason talk matters usually matters about as much as preseason games, but the tension built up in years past between LeBron James and Kevin Garnett as led to a few shots across the bow this preseason. That could lead to some actual drama during the regular season — something we all could use.
It started with LeBron pointing out that Garnett turned his back on Ray Allen when Allen bolted Boston for Miami, then a year later KG waived his no trade clause to get out of town. From where LeBron sits, it smells a lot like hypocrisy.
“Tell LeBron to worry about Miami,” Garnett said. “He has nothing to do with Celtic business.”
Well, neither does Garnett anymore, but that’s another discussion for another day.
Players and teams can kind of go through the motions during the regular season and the Heat are one of the worst offenders — they coasted through the first half of last season. Anything that adds a little drama, anything that gets teams to focus during the grind of the regular season is good with me.
The Heat/Nets regular season games should be fun.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13