Oct 18, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
We may actually have a little Heat/Nets rivalry brewing.
Preseason talk matters usually matters about as much as preseason games, but the tension built up in years past between LeBron James and Kevin Garnett as led to a few shots across the bow this preseason. That could lead to some actual drama during the regular season — something we all could use.
It started with LeBron pointing out that Garnett turned his back on Ray Allen when Allen bolted Boston for Miami, then a year later KG waived his no trade clause to get out of town. From where LeBron sits, it smells a lot like hypocrisy.
“Tell LeBron to worry about Miami,” Garnett said. “He has nothing to do with Celtic business.”
Well, neither does Garnett anymore, but that’s another discussion for another day.
Players and teams can kind of go through the motions during the regular season and the Heat are one of the worst offenders — they coasted through the first half of last season. Anything that adds a little drama, anything that gets teams to focus during the grind of the regular season is good with me.
The Heat/Nets regular season games should be fun.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 4
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 78
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 8
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 77
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 26
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 45
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17