Oct 18, 2013, 10:50 AM EST
We may actually have a little Heat/Nets rivalry brewing.
Preseason talk matters usually matters about as much as preseason games, but the tension built up in years past between LeBron James and Kevin Garnett as led to a few shots across the bow this preseason. That could lead to some actual drama during the regular season — something we all could use.
It started with LeBron pointing out that Garnett turned his back on Ray Allen when Allen bolted Boston for Miami, then a year later KG waived his no trade clause to get out of town. From where LeBron sits, it smells a lot like hypocrisy.
“Tell LeBron to worry about Miami,” Garnett said. “He has nothing to do with Celtic business.”
Well, neither does Garnett anymore, but that’s another discussion for another day.
Players and teams can kind of go through the motions during the regular season and the Heat are one of the worst offenders — they coasted through the first half of last season. Anything that adds a little drama, anything that gets teams to focus during the grind of the regular season is good with me.
The Heat/Nets regular season games should be fun.
- He’s on Fire! Kyrie Irving scores 55, knocks down game winning three (VIDEO) 28
- LeBron James out Wednesday vs. Blazers with wrist injury 5
- Home-court advantage means less than ever in NBA. Why? 17
- Nikola Mirotic’s unique style rewarding Bulls for waiting on him 15
- What We Learned in NBA Tuesday Night: Bulls fans should want more of this attacking Derrick Rose 25
- Derrick Rose hits step-back jumper in overtime, lifts Bulls past Warriors (VIDEO) 8
- It’s official: Zach LaVine, Greek Freak Antetokounmpo headline All-Star Dunk Contest 11
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8