Oct 18, 2013, 10:50 AM EDT
We may actually have a little Heat/Nets rivalry brewing.
Preseason talk matters usually matters about as much as preseason games, but the tension built up in years past between LeBron James and Kevin Garnett as led to a few shots across the bow this preseason. That could lead to some actual drama during the regular season — something we all could use.
It started with LeBron pointing out that Garnett turned his back on Ray Allen when Allen bolted Boston for Miami, then a year later KG waived his no trade clause to get out of town. From where LeBron sits, it smells a lot like hypocrisy.
“Tell LeBron to worry about Miami,” Garnett said. “He has nothing to do with Celtic business.”
Well, neither does Garnett anymore, but that’s another discussion for another day.
Players and teams can kind of go through the motions during the regular season and the Heat are one of the worst offenders — they coasted through the first half of last season. Anything that adds a little drama, anything that gets teams to focus during the grind of the regular season is good with me.
The Heat/Nets regular season games should be fun.
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 0
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 0
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 4
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 16
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40