Oct 17, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
When you talk Southeast Division it starts with the Miami Heat and the obvious question: Can they make it a three-peat? Yes, the can. I’m not picking them to, but yes, they can. They are clearly the team to beat.
The more interesting question about the Heat is, “What’s next?” Will all three — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — opt out and how will Pat Riley start to reshape the roster to win three years from now?
Kay Adams and I talk about the future of the Heat, as well as the rest of the division: What are the Hawks doing? Are the Wizards a playoff team? Can Charlotte defend anyone? And how long before Orlando trades Jameer Nelson and Big Baby?
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 5
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 32
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 58
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 11