Oct 17, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
When you talk Southeast Division it starts with the Miami Heat and the obvious question: Can they make it a three-peat? Yes, the can. I’m not picking them to, but yes, they can. They are clearly the team to beat.
The more interesting question about the Heat is, “What’s next?” Will all three — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — opt out and how will Pat Riley start to reshape the roster to win three years from now?
Kay Adams and I talk about the future of the Heat, as well as the rest of the division: What are the Hawks doing? Are the Wizards a playoff team? Can Charlotte defend anyone? And how long before Orlando trades Jameer Nelson and Big Baby?
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 1
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 3
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 18
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69