Oct 17, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
When you talk Southeast Division it starts with the Miami Heat and the obvious question: Can they make it a three-peat? Yes, the can. I’m not picking them to, but yes, they can. They are clearly the team to beat.
The more interesting question about the Heat is, “What’s next?” Will all three — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — opt out and how will Pat Riley start to reshape the roster to win three years from now?
Kay Adams and I talk about the future of the Heat, as well as the rest of the division: What are the Hawks doing? Are the Wizards a playoff team? Can Charlotte defend anyone? And how long before Orlando trades Jameer Nelson and Big Baby?
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 37
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 16
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 33
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 22
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 25
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20