Oct 17, 2013, 3:33 PM EDT
When you talk Southeast Division it starts with the Miami Heat and the obvious question: Can they make it a three-peat? Yes, the can. I’m not picking them to, but yes, they can. They are clearly the team to beat.
The more interesting question about the Heat is, “What’s next?” Will all three — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — opt out and how will Pat Riley start to reshape the roster to win three years from now?
Kay Adams and I talk about the future of the Heat, as well as the rest of the division: What are the Hawks doing? Are the Wizards a playoff team? Can Charlotte defend anyone? And how long before Orlando trades Jameer Nelson and Big Baby?
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 16
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 9
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61