Oct 17, 2013, 3:33 PM EST
When you talk Southeast Division it starts with the Miami Heat and the obvious question: Can they make it a three-peat? Yes, the can. I’m not picking them to, but yes, they can. They are clearly the team to beat.
The more interesting question about the Heat is, “What’s next?” Will all three — LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh — opt out and how will Pat Riley start to reshape the roster to win three years from now?
Kay Adams and I talk about the future of the Heat, as well as the rest of the division: What are the Hawks doing? Are the Wizards a playoff team? Can Charlotte defend anyone? And how long before Orlando trades Jameer Nelson and Big Baby?
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 8
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 12
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 9
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 16