Oct 17, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
The other is to point something out — Dwight Howard has played well this preseason. He didn’t put up big numbers in this game against the Magic (8 points, 4 rebounds in 17 minutes, playing just the first half) but if you watch the Rockets this preseason you see a guy moving well again, a guy who is healthy again. More than that, you see a guy playing with a determination he lacked last season in Los Angeles, he’s playing defense with an edge. He’s running the pick-and-roll he despised in L.A. and (like in the clip above) he’s running the floor.
It’s preseason, so we’ll see what happens when the games matter. More importantly, we’ll see what happens when Howard is faced with a little adversity. But so far he’s looked like a guy that knows he has to do it here because there is no next destination for his legacy now.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 2
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 4
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 7
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 15
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31