Oct 17, 2013, 10:06 AM EST
The other is to point something out — Dwight Howard has played well this preseason. He didn’t put up big numbers in this game against the Magic (8 points, 4 rebounds in 17 minutes, playing just the first half) but if you watch the Rockets this preseason you see a guy moving well again, a guy who is healthy again. More than that, you see a guy playing with a determination he lacked last season in Los Angeles, he’s playing defense with an edge. He’s running the pick-and-roll he despised in L.A. and (like in the clip above) he’s running the floor.
It’s preseason, so we’ll see what happens when the games matter. More importantly, we’ll see what happens when Howard is faced with a little adversity. But so far he’s looked like a guy that knows he has to do it here because there is no next destination for his legacy now.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 4
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 6
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)