Oct 17, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
The other is to point something out — Dwight Howard has played well this preseason. He didn’t put up big numbers in this game against the Magic (8 points, 4 rebounds in 17 minutes, playing just the first half) but if you watch the Rockets this preseason you see a guy moving well again, a guy who is healthy again. More than that, you see a guy playing with a determination he lacked last season in Los Angeles, he’s playing defense with an edge. He’s running the pick-and-roll he despised in L.A. and (like in the clip above) he’s running the floor.
It’s preseason, so we’ll see what happens when the games matter. More importantly, we’ll see what happens when Howard is faced with a little adversity. But so far he’s looked like a guy that knows he has to do it here because there is no next destination for his legacy now.
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 13
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 26
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9