Oct 17, 2013, 10:06 AM EDT
The other is to point something out — Dwight Howard has played well this preseason. He didn’t put up big numbers in this game against the Magic (8 points, 4 rebounds in 17 minutes, playing just the first half) but if you watch the Rockets this preseason you see a guy moving well again, a guy who is healthy again. More than that, you see a guy playing with a determination he lacked last season in Los Angeles, he’s playing defense with an edge. He’s running the pick-and-roll he despised in L.A. and (like in the clip above) he’s running the floor.
It’s preseason, so we’ll see what happens when the games matter. More importantly, we’ll see what happens when Howard is faced with a little adversity. But so far he’s looked like a guy that knows he has to do it here because there is no next destination for his legacy now.
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 24
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 27
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 16
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 10
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 11
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 8
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8