Oct 17, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Just because the games are meaningless doesn’t mean there isn’t some drama — there are close games and exciting endings in the preseason, too.
Look at the end of the Celtics/Raptors game from Wednesday. After a Celtics bucket on a nice cut and finish by Jared Sullinger, it’s a two point game with 11 seconds to go.
Then in rapid succession we get to see a blown defensive coverage by Boston on the inbounds that should have iced the game for Toronto, a blown wide open dunk by Julyan Stone, then Jordan Crawford trying to win the game for Boston then making what can only be called an ugly decision.
That is preseason NBA, people.
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 0
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 58
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 47
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 24
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 17