Oct 17, 2013, 11:55 AM EDT
Just because the games are meaningless doesn’t mean there isn’t some drama — there are close games and exciting endings in the preseason, too.
Look at the end of the Celtics/Raptors game from Wednesday. After a Celtics bucket on a nice cut and finish by Jared Sullinger, it’s a two point game with 11 seconds to go.
Then in rapid succession we get to see a blown defensive coverage by Boston on the inbounds that should have iced the game for Toronto, a blown wide open dunk by Julyan Stone, then Jordan Crawford trying to win the game for Boston then making what can only be called an ugly decision.
That is preseason NBA, people.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 0
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 3
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 33
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37