Oct 17, 2013, 11:55 AM EST
Just because the games are meaningless doesn’t mean there isn’t some drama — there are close games and exciting endings in the preseason, too.
Look at the end of the Celtics/Raptors game from Wednesday. After a Celtics bucket on a nice cut and finish by Jared Sullinger, it’s a two point game with 11 seconds to go.
Then in rapid succession we get to see a blown defensive coverage by Boston on the inbounds that should have iced the game for Toronto, a blown wide open dunk by Julyan Stone, then Jordan Crawford trying to win the game for Boston then making what can only be called an ugly decision.
That is preseason NBA, people.
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 0
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 6
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 7
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)