Oct 17, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
Except we haven’t seen that combo together this preseason as Eric Gordon has battled back from ankle surgery.
We will Thursday night — Gordon will be back and he will start against the Thunder, tweets Jim Eichenhofer of Pelicans.com.
Expect there to be rust and limited minutes for Gordon tonight, but it’s a start. There is a reason that despite a rash of injuries the Pelicans gave Gordon a max deal — when healthy he has looked like one of the best young two guards in the league. We just haven’t seen him healthy much for a couple of seasons.
He also has the advantage now of not having to carry as much offensive load.
That is in part due to Davis, who has looked very good this preseason — much more aggressive and attacking off the dribble, and he’s showing confidence in his midrange jumper (even if it is not falling consistently yet).
New Orleans can be patient, it’s a process. It’s not even really about this season, it’s about showing progress — but if that progress comes fast enough the playoffs are not out of the question.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10