Oct 17, 2013, 12:38 PM EDT
Except we haven’t seen that combo together this preseason as Eric Gordon has battled back from ankle surgery.
We will Thursday night — Gordon will be back and he will start against the Thunder, tweets Jim Eichenhofer of Pelicans.com.
Expect there to be rust and limited minutes for Gordon tonight, but it’s a start. There is a reason that despite a rash of injuries the Pelicans gave Gordon a max deal — when healthy he has looked like one of the best young two guards in the league. We just haven’t seen him healthy much for a couple of seasons.
He also has the advantage now of not having to carry as much offensive load.
That is in part due to Davis, who has looked very good this preseason — much more aggressive and attacking off the dribble, and he’s showing confidence in his midrange jumper (even if it is not falling consistently yet).
New Orleans can be patient, it’s a process. It’s not even really about this season, it’s about showing progress — but if that progress comes fast enough the playoffs are not out of the question.
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 28
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 51
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 16
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 15
- Kevin Love trade talk: He doesn’t want to opt in to deal, Cavs may live with that 40
- Kevin Love leaving Team USA not helpful, certainly not devastating either 19
- Why are the Lakers hiring Byron Scott as head coach? 46
- Report: NBA considering week-long break for All-Star Game next year 10