Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
It started down on Tobacco Road, where Redick started at Duke and Paul at Wake Forest, but it was more than just that. This was Redick punched Paul when they met at the Jordan camp kind of feud. (Truth be told, I had a little more respect for Redick after I learned that.)
Except Redick and Paul had to get along… and quickly they buried the hatchet, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
“We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick,” Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Who would have thought after the battles we had in college.”
Said Redick: “We connected right away.”
On the court Redick is a perfect fit for Paul and the way the Clippers offense will work under Doc Rivers (a lot more player movement). He’s a threat the defense can’t leave and if they do Paul can find him and so can Blake (an underrated passer out of the post). Plus you can play Redick with Jamal Crawford off the bench and each can do some ball handling.
So why did the ice break with CP3 and Redick? They figured out what they had in common.
“We didn’t like each other,” (Redick) said, “because we were both so damn competitive.”
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48