Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
It started down on Tobacco Road, where Redick started at Duke and Paul at Wake Forest, but it was more than just that. This was Redick punched Paul when they met at the Jordan camp kind of feud. (Truth be told, I had a little more respect for Redick after I learned that.)
Except Redick and Paul had to get along… and quickly they buried the hatchet, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
“We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick,” Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Who would have thought after the battles we had in college.”
Said Redick: “We connected right away.”
On the court Redick is a perfect fit for Paul and the way the Clippers offense will work under Doc Rivers (a lot more player movement). He’s a threat the defense can’t leave and if they do Paul can find him and so can Blake (an underrated passer out of the post). Plus you can play Redick with Jamal Crawford off the bench and each can do some ball handling.
So why did the ice break with CP3 and Redick? They figured out what they had in common.
“We didn’t like each other,” (Redick) said, “because we were both so damn competitive.”
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 0
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 1
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 27
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 30
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17