Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
It started down on Tobacco Road, where Redick started at Duke and Paul at Wake Forest, but it was more than just that. This was Redick punched Paul when they met at the Jordan camp kind of feud. (Truth be told, I had a little more respect for Redick after I learned that.)
Except Redick and Paul had to get along… and quickly they buried the hatchet, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
“We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick,” Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Who would have thought after the battles we had in college.”
Said Redick: “We connected right away.”
On the court Redick is a perfect fit for Paul and the way the Clippers offense will work under Doc Rivers (a lot more player movement). He’s a threat the defense can’t leave and if they do Paul can find him and so can Blake (an underrated passer out of the post). Plus you can play Redick with Jamal Crawford off the bench and each can do some ball handling.
So why did the ice break with CP3 and Redick? They figured out what they had in common.
“We didn’t like each other,” (Redick) said, “because we were both so damn competitive.”
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to be team president. Or not. Depends on who you ask. 7
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: San Antonio with another impressive statement 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 7
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 19
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 10