Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 PM EST
It started down on Tobacco Road, where Redick started at Duke and Paul at Wake Forest, but it was more than just that. This was Redick punched Paul when they met at the Jordan camp kind of feud. (Truth be told, I had a little more respect for Redick after I learned that.)
Except Redick and Paul had to get along… and quickly they buried the hatchet, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
“We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick,” Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Who would have thought after the battles we had in college.”
Said Redick: “We connected right away.”
On the court Redick is a perfect fit for Paul and the way the Clippers offense will work under Doc Rivers (a lot more player movement). He’s a threat the defense can’t leave and if they do Paul can find him and so can Blake (an underrated passer out of the post). Plus you can play Redick with Jamal Crawford off the bench and each can do some ball handling.
So why did the ice break with CP3 and Redick? They figured out what they had in common.
“We didn’t like each other,” (Redick) said, “because we were both so damn competitive.”
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3