Oct 17, 2013, 8:39 PM EDT
It started down on Tobacco Road, where Redick started at Duke and Paul at Wake Forest, but it was more than just that. This was Redick punched Paul when they met at the Jordan camp kind of feud. (Truth be told, I had a little more respect for Redick after I learned that.)
Except Redick and Paul had to get along… and quickly they buried the hatchet, reports Marc Spears at Yahoo Sports.
“We have actually had a chance to become real close, real quick,” Paul told Yahoo Sports. “Who would have thought after the battles we had in college.”
Said Redick: “We connected right away.”
On the court Redick is a perfect fit for Paul and the way the Clippers offense will work under Doc Rivers (a lot more player movement). He’s a threat the defense can’t leave and if they do Paul can find him and so can Blake (an underrated passer out of the post). Plus you can play Redick with Jamal Crawford off the bench and each can do some ball handling.
So why did the ice break with CP3 and Redick? They figured out what they had in common.
“We didn’t like each other,” (Redick) said, “because we were both so damn competitive.”
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 4
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 15
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 23
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 43
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 22
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 39
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29