Oct 16, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was acquitted of insider trading, a case brought by the SEC that he has blasted since the start. As you would expect of Cuban after the victory, he was modest and respectful… who are we kidding, he slammed the government prosecutors.
• Kris Humphries auctioned off Kim Kardashian’s engagement ring for $749,000. So, he got something out of that marriage.
• By the way, Humphries is out of Wednesday’s Celtics preseason game with a sore foot.
• We already told you how Dwight Howard said he left Los Angeles this summer because he had to do what was right for Dwight. Another interesting thing he told the Orlando Sentinel — he was unhappy the Magic gave his No. 12 to another player, Tobias Harris. Really? This is another case of Howard overestimating how fondly people think of him. The bridges with Orlando fans are burned to a crisp and they have moved on, whether or not Howard has.
• Grantland has a fantastic profile of Andre Drummond.
• Then players were asked about LeBron and asked to give their honest opinions. Did you really think many would give up money to play with him?
• By the way, if you want to watch LeBron work out for an hour, here you go.
• The Nets waived Marko Jaric Wednesday.
• Fun Vine from Kyrie Irving.
• Finally, check out the trailer for “Medora,” a documentary that follows a high school basketball team from a down-and-out town in Indiana. It was produced by Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) and Stanley Tucci (Hunger Games). Check out the trailer.
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 31
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 19
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20