Oct 16, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was acquitted of insider trading, a case brought by the SEC that he has blasted since the start. As you would expect of Cuban after the victory, he was modest and respectful… who are we kidding, he slammed the government prosecutors.
• Kris Humphries auctioned off Kim Kardashian’s engagement ring for $749,000. So, he got something out of that marriage.
• By the way, Humphries is out of Wednesday’s Celtics preseason game with a sore foot.
• We already told you how Dwight Howard said he left Los Angeles this summer because he had to do what was right for Dwight. Another interesting thing he told the Orlando Sentinel — he was unhappy the Magic gave his No. 12 to another player, Tobias Harris. Really? This is another case of Howard overestimating how fondly people think of him. The bridges with Orlando fans are burned to a crisp and they have moved on, whether or not Howard has.
• Grantland has a fantastic profile of Andre Drummond.
• Then players were asked about LeBron and asked to give their honest opinions. Did you really think many would give up money to play with him?
• By the way, if you want to watch LeBron work out for an hour, here you go.
• The Nets waived Marko Jaric Wednesday.
• Fun Vine from Kyrie Irving.
• Finally, check out the trailer for “Medora,” a documentary that follows a high school basketball team from a down-and-out town in Indiana. It was produced by Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) and Stanley Tucci (Hunger Games). Check out the trailer.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19