Oct 16, 2013, 7:23 PM EDT
Here is our regular look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Mavericks owner Mark Cuban was acquitted of insider trading, a case brought by the SEC that he has blasted since the start. As you would expect of Cuban after the victory, he was modest and respectful… who are we kidding, he slammed the government prosecutors.
• Kris Humphries auctioned off Kim Kardashian’s engagement ring for $749,000. So, he got something out of that marriage.
• By the way, Humphries is out of Wednesday’s Celtics preseason game with a sore foot.
• We already told you how Dwight Howard said he left Los Angeles this summer because he had to do what was right for Dwight. Another interesting thing he told the Orlando Sentinel — he was unhappy the Magic gave his No. 12 to another player, Tobias Harris. Really? This is another case of Howard overestimating how fondly people think of him. The bridges with Orlando fans are burned to a crisp and they have moved on, whether or not Howard has.
• Grantland has a fantastic profile of Andre Drummond.
• Then players were asked about LeBron and asked to give their honest opinions. Did you really think many would give up money to play with him?
• By the way, if you want to watch LeBron work out for an hour, here you go.
• The Nets waived Marko Jaric Wednesday.
• Fun Vine from Kyrie Irving.
• Finally, check out the trailer for “Medora,” a documentary that follows a high school basketball team from a down-and-out town in Indiana. It was produced by Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire) and Stanley Tucci (Hunger Games). Check out the trailer.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 2
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 20
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 31
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 45
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 33