Oct 16, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Problem is Porter hasn’t had a chance to catch up during training camp due to a hip flexor injury that has kept the Wizards’ rookie and No. 3 pick sidelined. The bad news is there is no timeline for him to get back on the court, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m just trying to get in with my trainers, find some way to heal it so I can get out there,” Porter said of his right hip flexor strain to CSN Washington on Tuesday, before the Wizards faced the Miami Heat at Verizon Center.…
“Right now, no,” Porter said when asked if he had an idea when he could play again.
Porter played just three games in the Las Vegas Summer League due to a thigh issue, now has missed all of training camp with the sore hip flexor. Trevor Ariza will get the start at the three when the games matter and Glen Rice Jr. has earned some backup minutes with his play this preseason.
But Porter is the future, and right now that future is on hold. Indefinitely.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 0
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 19
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18