Oct 16, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Problem is Porter hasn’t had a chance to catch up during training camp due to a hip flexor injury that has kept the Wizards’ rookie and No. 3 pick sidelined. The bad news is there is no timeline for him to get back on the court, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m just trying to get in with my trainers, find some way to heal it so I can get out there,” Porter said of his right hip flexor strain to CSN Washington on Tuesday, before the Wizards faced the Miami Heat at Verizon Center.…
“Right now, no,” Porter said when asked if he had an idea when he could play again.
Porter played just three games in the Las Vegas Summer League due to a thigh issue, now has missed all of training camp with the sore hip flexor. Trevor Ariza will get the start at the three when the games matter and Glen Rice Jr. has earned some backup minutes with his play this preseason.
But Porter is the future, and right now that future is on hold. Indefinitely.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 15
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 13
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 16
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 23
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80