Oct 16, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Problem is Porter hasn’t had a chance to catch up during training camp due to a hip flexor injury that has kept the Wizards’ rookie and No. 3 pick sidelined. The bad news is there is no timeline for him to get back on the court, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m just trying to get in with my trainers, find some way to heal it so I can get out there,” Porter said of his right hip flexor strain to CSN Washington on Tuesday, before the Wizards faced the Miami Heat at Verizon Center.…
“Right now, no,” Porter said when asked if he had an idea when he could play again.
Porter played just three games in the Las Vegas Summer League due to a thigh issue, now has missed all of training camp with the sore hip flexor. Trevor Ariza will get the start at the three when the games matter and Glen Rice Jr. has earned some backup minutes with his play this preseason.
But Porter is the future, and right now that future is on hold. Indefinitely.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 5
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 40
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 37