Oct 16, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Problem is Porter hasn’t had a chance to catch up during training camp due to a hip flexor injury that has kept the Wizards’ rookie and No. 3 pick sidelined. The bad news is there is no timeline for him to get back on the court, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m just trying to get in with my trainers, find some way to heal it so I can get out there,” Porter said of his right hip flexor strain to CSN Washington on Tuesday, before the Wizards faced the Miami Heat at Verizon Center.…
“Right now, no,” Porter said when asked if he had an idea when he could play again.
Porter played just three games in the Las Vegas Summer League due to a thigh issue, now has missed all of training camp with the sore hip flexor. Trevor Ariza will get the start at the three when the games matter and Glen Rice Jr. has earned some backup minutes with his play this preseason.
But Porter is the future, and right now that future is on hold. Indefinitely.
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 9
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 23
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 53
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 21
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)