Oct 16, 2013, 2:40 PM EDT
Problem is Porter hasn’t had a chance to catch up during training camp due to a hip flexor injury that has kept the Wizards’ rookie and No. 3 pick sidelined. The bad news is there is no timeline for him to get back on the court, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m just trying to get in with my trainers, find some way to heal it so I can get out there,” Porter said of his right hip flexor strain to CSN Washington on Tuesday, before the Wizards faced the Miami Heat at Verizon Center.…
“Right now, no,” Porter said when asked if he had an idea when he could play again.
Porter played just three games in the Las Vegas Summer League due to a thigh issue, now has missed all of training camp with the sore hip flexor. Trevor Ariza will get the start at the three when the games matter and Glen Rice Jr. has earned some backup minutes with his play this preseason.
But Porter is the future, and right now that future is on hold. Indefinitely.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 1
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 13
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 39
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 22
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29