Oct 16, 2013, 2:40 PM EST
Problem is Porter hasn’t had a chance to catch up during training camp due to a hip flexor injury that has kept the Wizards’ rookie and No. 3 pick sidelined. The bad news is there is no timeline for him to get back on the court, reports J. Michael at CSNWashington.com.
“I’m just trying to get in with my trainers, find some way to heal it so I can get out there,” Porter said of his right hip flexor strain to CSN Washington on Tuesday, before the Wizards faced the Miami Heat at Verizon Center.…
“Right now, no,” Porter said when asked if he had an idea when he could play again.
Porter played just three games in the Las Vegas Summer League due to a thigh issue, now has missed all of training camp with the sore hip flexor. Trevor Ariza will get the start at the three when the games matter and Glen Rice Jr. has earned some backup minutes with his play this preseason.
But Porter is the future, and right now that future is on hold. Indefinitely.
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 16
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 40
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 7
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 7
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 45
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31