Oct 16, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers are trying to find any kind of big man rotation that might work. And by might work I mean be better than the Kentucky front line, not actually win the Sixers a bunch of games.
We shouldn’t sell the solid Spencer Hawes short, and if he eventually pairs with a healthy Nerlens Noel there is potential, but the rest of bigs in Sixers camp isn’t inspiring: Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown, Mac Kowshal and Arnett Moultrie.
Orton, a power forward, was the No. 29 pick in the first round by the Magic, he spent two years in Orlando, they let him go and he spent last year on Oklahoma City’s bench, but was waived again.
We’ll see if he can even make the Sixers roster. He has shown a limited offensive game and hasn’t dome much on defense — he spent a chunk of time (31 games) in the D-League last season, we’ll see if those minutes helped his game at all.
- Report: Warriors, Draymond Green agree to five-year, $85 million deal 9
- 76ers get Nik Stauskas, first-rounder in salary-dump trade with Kings 25
- Report: Pelicans finalizing deal with Omer Asik 2
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 21
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 99
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27