Oct 16, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers are trying to find any kind of big man rotation that might work. And by might work I mean be better than the Kentucky front line, not actually win the Sixers a bunch of games.
We shouldn’t sell the solid Spencer Hawes short, and if he eventually pairs with a healthy Nerlens Noel there is potential, but the rest of bigs in Sixers camp isn’t inspiring: Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown, Mac Kowshal and Arnett Moultrie.
Orton, a power forward, was the No. 29 pick in the first round by the Magic, he spent two years in Orlando, they let him go and he spent last year on Oklahoma City’s bench, but was waived again.
We’ll see if he can even make the Sixers roster. He has shown a limited offensive game and hasn’t dome much on defense — he spent a chunk of time (31 games) in the D-League last season, we’ll see if those minutes helped his game at all.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10