Oct 16, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers are trying to find any kind of big man rotation that might work. And by might work I mean be better than the Kentucky front line, not actually win the Sixers a bunch of games.
We shouldn’t sell the solid Spencer Hawes short, and if he eventually pairs with a healthy Nerlens Noel there is potential, but the rest of bigs in Sixers camp isn’t inspiring: Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown, Mac Kowshal and Arnett Moultrie.
Orton, a power forward, was the No. 29 pick in the first round by the Magic, he spent two years in Orlando, they let him go and he spent last year on Oklahoma City’s bench, but was waived again.
We’ll see if he can even make the Sixers roster. He has shown a limited offensive game and hasn’t dome much on defense — he spent a chunk of time (31 games) in the D-League last season, we’ll see if those minutes helped his game at all.
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 3
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 12
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 19
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 52
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 4
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 17
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5