Oct 16, 2013, 2:25 PM EDT
The Philadelphia 76ers are trying to find any kind of big man rotation that might work. And by might work I mean be better than the Kentucky front line, not actually win the Sixers a bunch of games.
We shouldn’t sell the solid Spencer Hawes short, and if he eventually pairs with a healthy Nerlens Noel there is potential, but the rest of bigs in Sixers camp isn’t inspiring: Lavoy Allen, Kwame Brown, Mac Kowshal and Arnett Moultrie.
Orton, a power forward, was the No. 29 pick in the first round by the Magic, he spent two years in Orlando, they let him go and he spent last year on Oklahoma City’s bench, but was waived again.
We’ll see if he can even make the Sixers roster. He has shown a limited offensive game and hasn’t dome much on defense — he spent a chunk of time (31 games) in the D-League last season, we’ll see if those minutes helped his game at all.
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 6
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 63
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 72
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 22