Oct 16, 2013, 1:29 AM EDT
Kevin Durant looks good this preseason. No, I mean really good. I know he always looks good but with Russell Westbrook out and coach Scott Brooks throwing lineups against the wall to see what sticks, a whole lot more has fallen on Durant.
And he’s up to it. He was 13-of-20 from the floor on his way to 36 points in 23 minutes against Denver Tuesday. He did it with drives attacking the rim, catch-and-shoot threes, backing his defender down into the paint, and even some Nowitzki-like one-legged fadeaways from the elbow.
It’s just preseason, but Durant has stepped up his game — there’s a new level of confidence, a smoothness to it. How far he can take this team remains to be seen, but he is the second best player on the face of the earth right now and he’s closing ground on No. 1. He looks like an MVP.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16