Oct 16, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Derrick Rose played his first game in front of his hometown fans at the United Center since April of 2012 on Wednesday, getting the nod in the starting lineup in a preseason matchup with the Pistons.
Rose got going early, and scored eight of his team’s first 13 points. But this play in the second quarter (at the 1:50 mark of the video clip above) — a hesitation dribble on the perimeter followed by a quick move to get past his defender and into the paint for the acrobatic and-1 finish — truly showed the crowd he’s just about all the way back.
Rose finished with 22 points on 6-of-9 shooting in 22 minutes in the Bulls’ 96-81 victory.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60