Oct 16, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Derrick Rose played his first game in front of his hometown fans at the United Center since April of 2012 on Wednesday, getting the nod in the starting lineup in a preseason matchup with the Pistons.
Rose got going early, and scored eight of his team’s first 13 points. But this play in the second quarter (at the 1:50 mark of the video clip above) — a hesitation dribble on the perimeter followed by a quick move to get past his defender and into the paint for the acrobatic and-1 finish — truly showed the crowd he’s just about all the way back.
Rose finished with 22 points on 6-of-9 shooting in 22 minutes in the Bulls’ 96-81 victory.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 12
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 39
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19