Oct 16, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Derrick Rose played his first game in front of his hometown fans at the United Center since April of 2012 on Wednesday, getting the nod in the starting lineup in a preseason matchup with the Pistons.
Rose got going early, and scored eight of his team’s first 13 points. But this play in the second quarter (at the 1:50 mark of the video clip above) — a hesitation dribble on the perimeter followed by a quick move to get past his defender and into the paint for the acrobatic and-1 finish — truly showed the crowd he’s just about all the way back.
Rose finished with 22 points on 6-of-9 shooting in 22 minutes in the Bulls’ 96-81 victory.
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 31
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 14
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 27
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 14
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 15
- Report: Cavaliers trying to trade for Nuggets’ Timofey Mozgov 23
- Cavaliers, with LeBron James and Kevin Love, favored by oddsmakers to win 2015 NBA title 29
- Scout says Carmelo Anthony can be good triangle fit — if he moves the ball 20