Oct 16, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Derrick Rose played his first game in front of his hometown fans at the United Center since April of 2012 on Wednesday, getting the nod in the starting lineup in a preseason matchup with the Pistons.
Rose got going early, and scored eight of his team’s first 13 points. But this play in the second quarter (at the 1:50 mark of the video clip above) — a hesitation dribble on the perimeter followed by a quick move to get past his defender and into the paint for the acrobatic and-1 finish — truly showed the crowd he’s just about all the way back.
Rose finished with 22 points on 6-of-9 shooting in 22 minutes in the Bulls’ 96-81 victory.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 7
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 20
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34