Oct 16, 2013, 11:20 PM EDT
Derrick Rose played his first game in front of his hometown fans at the United Center since April of 2012 on Wednesday, getting the nod in the starting lineup in a preseason matchup with the Pistons.
Rose got going early, and scored eight of his team’s first 13 points. But this play in the second quarter (at the 1:50 mark of the video clip above) — a hesitation dribble on the perimeter followed by a quick move to get past his defender and into the paint for the acrobatic and-1 finish — truly showed the crowd he’s just about all the way back.
Rose finished with 22 points on 6-of-9 shooting in 22 minutes in the Bulls’ 96-81 victory.
- Report: Phil Jackson’s camp doesn’t believe agreement with Knicks is close 6
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 13
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 35
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 13
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 14