Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Trey Burke needs to have a conversation with his agent.
Burke broke his finger over the weekend and on Monday the team announced he would need surgery, which was going to include pins in the finger. Burke’s agent told the Deseret News the rookie point guard would be out 8-12 weeks, meaning around a Christmas or New Year’s return.
Burke tweeted Tuesday just before his surgery that he will be back much earlier.
Again, go have a conversation with your agent.
Second, maybe we should wait until after the surgery to start throwing around timelines. Burke’s timeline would mean more like a Thanksgiving return.
We’ll see when he actually gets back. Expect the Jazz to be ultra cautious with Burke — there is no reason for them to rush him back. They aren’t winning a lot of games this season and they got Burke to be the point guard of the next decade. A couple of games in November is not worth any kind of setback.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 7
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50