Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Trey Burke needs to have a conversation with his agent.
Burke broke his finger over the weekend and on Monday the team announced he would need surgery, which was going to include pins in the finger. Burke’s agent told the Deseret News the rookie point guard would be out 8-12 weeks, meaning around a Christmas or New Year’s return.
Burke tweeted Tuesday just before his surgery that he will be back much earlier.
Again, go have a conversation with your agent.
Second, maybe we should wait until after the surgery to start throwing around timelines. Burke’s timeline would mean more like a Thanksgiving return.
We’ll see when he actually gets back. Expect the Jazz to be ultra cautious with Burke — there is no reason for them to rush him back. They aren’t winning a lot of games this season and they got Burke to be the point guard of the next decade. A couple of games in November is not worth any kind of setback.
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 7
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 6
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 40
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 2
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1