Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Trey Burke needs to have a conversation with his agent.
Burke broke his finger over the weekend and on Monday the team announced he would need surgery, which was going to include pins in the finger. Burke’s agent told the Deseret News the rookie point guard would be out 8-12 weeks, meaning around a Christmas or New Year’s return.
Burke tweeted Tuesday just before his surgery that he will be back much earlier.
Again, go have a conversation with your agent.
Second, maybe we should wait until after the surgery to start throwing around timelines. Burke’s timeline would mean more like a Thanksgiving return.
We’ll see when he actually gets back. Expect the Jazz to be ultra cautious with Burke — there is no reason for them to rush him back. They aren’t winning a lot of games this season and they got Burke to be the point guard of the next decade. A couple of games in November is not worth any kind of setback.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48