Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Trey Burke needs to have a conversation with his agent.
Burke broke his finger over the weekend and on Monday the team announced he would need surgery, which was going to include pins in the finger. Burke’s agent told the Deseret News the rookie point guard would be out 8-12 weeks, meaning around a Christmas or New Year’s return.
Burke tweeted Tuesday just before his surgery that he will be back much earlier.
8-12 weeks is very unreasonable people and idk who made that up. I appreciate the support and prayers but 4-6 weeks is more likely. Thanks—
Trey Burke (@Trey_Burke3) October 15, 2013
Again, go have a conversation with your agent.
Second, maybe we should wait until after the surgery to start throwing around timelines. Burke’s timeline would mean more like a Thanksgiving return.
We’ll see when he actually gets back. Expect the Jazz to be ultra cautious with Burke — there is no reason for them to rush him back. They aren’t winning a lot of games this season and they got Burke to be the point guard of the next decade. A couple of games in November is not worth any kind of setback.
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 4
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 21
- Carmelo Anthony: “I want to come back…I also want to win.” 33
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 46
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 35