Oct 15, 2013, 2:17 PM EDT
Trey Burke needs to have a conversation with his agent.
Burke broke his finger over the weekend and on Monday the team announced he would need surgery, which was going to include pins in the finger. Burke’s agent told the Deseret News the rookie point guard would be out 8-12 weeks, meaning around a Christmas or New Year’s return.
Burke tweeted Tuesday just before his surgery that he will be back much earlier.
8-12 weeks is very unreasonable people and idk who made that up. I appreciate the support and prayers but 4-6 weeks is more likely. Thanks—
Trey Burke (@Trey_Burke3) October 15, 2013
Again, go have a conversation with your agent.
Second, maybe we should wait until after the surgery to start throwing around timelines. Burke’s timeline would mean more like a Thanksgiving return.
We’ll see when he actually gets back. Expect the Jazz to be ultra cautious with Burke — there is no reason for them to rush him back. They aren’t winning a lot of games this season and they got Burke to be the point guard of the next decade. A couple of games in November is not worth any kind of setback.
- Report: Trevor Ariza to sign 4-year, $32 million deal with Rockets 33
- Pau Gasol tweets he has chosen to play for Bulls. Only question is will it be sign-and-trade or not. 49
- LeBron James’ contract two years, $42 million with Cavaliers. That doesn’t mean he’s leaving. 35
- LeBron returns to Cleveland a more efficient, mature player that can take team further 35
- Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker shine in head-to-head Summer League matchup 19
- Posnanski: LeBron James proves he’s a true Clevelander 58
- Report: Isaiah Thomas headed to Phoenix Suns in a sign-and-trade 40
- Report: Chris Bosh re-signing with Heat over joining Rockets 89