Oct 15, 2013, 2:52 PM EDT
That video above is Grizzlies owner Robert Pera going through an NBA workout with a couple of his players — and it shows he’s got some game. Pera is an avid fan and pickup player who shows a little skill on the court. He was schedule recently to play Tony Allen one-on-one for charity, but that was postponed.
Now he wants a piece of Michael Jordan.
If we are talking an owner game, get me MJ! I'll up the charity contribution to $1mm—
Robert J Pera (@RobertPera) October 15, 2013
As a general rule of thumb I won’t pay to watch team owners do anything, but this could be the exception. Not really sure MJ would actually do this, but I’d love to see it.
Cuban probably doesn’t want Pera in a one-on-one matchup, however if it were a yelling at the refs matchup….
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 16
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 21
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 6
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65
- LeBron announces he’ll wear No. 23 with Cavaliers 64
- Report: Lakers say ‘no done deal’ with Byron Scott 18
- Report: Lakers, Byron Scott agree to four-year, $17 million deal to coach team 16