Oct 15, 2013, 1:13 AM EDT
You last saw Chris Duhon with the Lakers… well, you didn’t see him much of him. He barely played. Even with all the problems the Lakers had last season he only got in two playoff games and that was because Mike D’Antoni had no choice (he did have 11 points in one of the Spurs games, but he was a -52 in 68 minutes in that series).
Duhon is not in an NBA training camp this summer, he was in Orlando (where he used to play) last Saturday when a guy intentionally hit him with a car. Yes, some guy tried to run him down.
According to the police report, Duhon and his brother-in-law, Julio Hernandez, were walking on the level 2C of the parking garage when the driver of a black Lexus started honking at them to get out of the way.
Hernandez told police as the Lexus passed by, the driver rolled down his window and some words were exchanged. Then, police said driver stopped, got out of his car and argued face-to-face with Duhon.
Hernandez told officers that he separated the driver and Duhon and that he and Duhon kept on walking and the suspect got back into his car. As Duhon and Hernandez got about twenty feet away from the Lexus, Hernandez told police the driver accelerated towards them. Hernandez said he was able to get out of the way, but Duhon was hit.
According to the report, Duhon landed on the hood of the car and his head hit the front windshield. The former Magic player was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center by ambulance.
Duhon walked out of the hospital under his own power later that night, according to the report. However, police said he had no memory of the incident.
If it went down as Hernandez described (we certainly don’t know for sure) this driver needs a little shot across the bow from the court. And some anger management classes.
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 0
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 10
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 6
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 38
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 6
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 15