Oct 15, 2013, 1:13 AM EDT
You last saw Chris Duhon with the Lakers… well, you didn’t see him much of him. He barely played. Even with all the problems the Lakers had last season he only got in two playoff games and that was because Mike D’Antoni had no choice (he did have 11 points in one of the Spurs games, but he was a -52 in 68 minutes in that series).
Duhon is not in an NBA training camp this summer, he was in Orlando (where he used to play) last Saturday when a guy intentionally hit him with a car. Yes, some guy tried to run him down.
According to the police report, Duhon and his brother-in-law, Julio Hernandez, were walking on the level 2C of the parking garage when the driver of a black Lexus started honking at them to get out of the way.
Hernandez told police as the Lexus passed by, the driver rolled down his window and some words were exchanged. Then, police said driver stopped, got out of his car and argued face-to-face with Duhon.
Hernandez told officers that he separated the driver and Duhon and that he and Duhon kept on walking and the suspect got back into his car. As Duhon and Hernandez got about twenty feet away from the Lexus, Hernandez told police the driver accelerated towards them. Hernandez said he was able to get out of the way, but Duhon was hit.
According to the report, Duhon landed on the hood of the car and his head hit the front windshield. The former Magic player was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center by ambulance.
Duhon walked out of the hospital under his own power later that night, according to the report. However, police said he had no memory of the incident.
If it went down as Hernandez described (we certainly don’t know for sure) this driver needs a little shot across the bow from the court. And some anger management classes.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32