Oct 15, 2013, 1:13 AM EST
You last saw Chris Duhon with the Lakers… well, you didn’t see him much of him. He barely played. Even with all the problems the Lakers had last season he only got in two playoff games and that was because Mike D’Antoni had no choice (he did have 11 points in one of the Spurs games, but he was a -52 in 68 minutes in that series).
Duhon is not in an NBA training camp this summer, he was in Orlando (where he used to play) last Saturday when a guy intentionally hit him with a car. Yes, some guy tried to run him down.
According to the police report, Duhon and his brother-in-law, Julio Hernandez, were walking on the level 2C of the parking garage when the driver of a black Lexus started honking at them to get out of the way.
Hernandez told police as the Lexus passed by, the driver rolled down his window and some words were exchanged. Then, police said driver stopped, got out of his car and argued face-to-face with Duhon.
Hernandez told officers that he separated the driver and Duhon and that he and Duhon kept on walking and the suspect got back into his car. As Duhon and Hernandez got about twenty feet away from the Lexus, Hernandez told police the driver accelerated towards them. Hernandez said he was able to get out of the way, but Duhon was hit.
According to the report, Duhon landed on the hood of the car and his head hit the front windshield. The former Magic player was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center by ambulance.
Duhon walked out of the hospital under his own power later that night, according to the report. However, police said he had no memory of the incident.
If it went down as Hernandez described (we certainly don’t know for sure) this driver needs a little shot across the bow from the court. And some anger management classes.
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 2
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 12
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 11
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 25
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)