Oct 15, 2013, 1:13 AM EDT
You last saw Chris Duhon with the Lakers… well, you didn’t see him much of him. He barely played. Even with all the problems the Lakers had last season he only got in two playoff games and that was because Mike D’Antoni had no choice (he did have 11 points in one of the Spurs games, but he was a -52 in 68 minutes in that series).
Duhon is not in an NBA training camp this summer, he was in Orlando (where he used to play) last Saturday when a guy intentionally hit him with a car. Yes, some guy tried to run him down.
According to the police report, Duhon and his brother-in-law, Julio Hernandez, were walking on the level 2C of the parking garage when the driver of a black Lexus started honking at them to get out of the way.
Hernandez told police as the Lexus passed by, the driver rolled down his window and some words were exchanged. Then, police said driver stopped, got out of his car and argued face-to-face with Duhon.
Hernandez told officers that he separated the driver and Duhon and that he and Duhon kept on walking and the suspect got back into his car. As Duhon and Hernandez got about twenty feet away from the Lexus, Hernandez told police the driver accelerated towards them. Hernandez said he was able to get out of the way, but Duhon was hit.
According to the report, Duhon landed on the hood of the car and his head hit the front windshield. The former Magic player was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center by ambulance.
Duhon walked out of the hospital under his own power later that night, according to the report. However, police said he had no memory of the incident.
If it went down as Hernandez described (we certainly don’t know for sure) this driver needs a little shot across the bow from the court. And some anger management classes.
- USA Basketball announces 12 man roster for World Cup; Parsons, Hayward, Lillard, Korver cut 0
- USA Basketball cruises to exhibition win over Puerto Rico with final roster cuts looming 1
- Report: Timberwolves to end up with Thad Young, Anthony Bennett as part of Kevin Love trade 79
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 13
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 16
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 18
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 20